Click Here!

What do you miss?

Guest The Lurker

Guest The Lurker

Yeah I know, I haven't seen this topic on here.

When I was seven years old, I moved in with my Grandmother and Great Grandmother. Instead of purchasing our milk and butter from the store, there was a family friend that owned cows.

Each week we would go and get fresh milk that was chilled.

The job I miss from my youth is

After they would seperate the fat from the milk, I was in charge of churning that fat into butter with an old fashioned churn. You know the ones, that had the handle that looked like a broom and you moved it up and down.

That is the job I miss from my youth,

that and the fresh milk and butter. biggrin.gif

I feel that people now days are so use to walking in the store and buying the milk and butter. BUt in my opinon, nothing beats a fresh milk and butter. And the knowledge that you made the butter yourself. blush.gif

• 2 months later...

When I was little and before we had a fenced in backyard we'd put our dog Travis out on a REALLY long rope which he's always tangle...

Because my dad wasn't home much and my mom had little patience it was my job to un tangle it for him...

I donno why, but for some reason I loved sitting out there with him wandering around pulling at the knots and unthreading the whole thing. I had such a sense of accomplishment after it was straight... I donno...

Am I weird for that?

I might be thinking about this job though too because Travis just recently passed away… I miss him a lot…

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.