Click Here!

Do I still have to report this?

Guest Izzy

Guest Izzy

I write an HP story on Aff and Quizilla and opened an account in ff and began posting all of my stories there too. One day I was browsing for a good story to read on ff and found one with a title similer to one of my stories. Three lines into the first chapter I realized that it was my story. I had horrible grammar back then, still do really. The person stole my story and only slightly changed the title but it was clearly copied and pasted without my author's notes. He/she even created a poll for the story. It was the first time anything like that had happened to me, I didn't know what to do. I asked all of my friends for advice and they told me to report it but I never did. Instead I sent the person a message that it was my story they were posting, take it down or credit me as the author. The person respond to me months later. He/she apologized, stating that they didn't know it was mine. He/she had asked a friend to write a story for him/her and he stole mine. He/she took the story down. Everything was fine. I was upset at the time but not anymore.

My question is do I still report this? And what are the steps I can take if this happens again?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.