Click Here!

Welcome to Unofficial Guides!

EveKnight75

Unofficial Guides was created to house threads that have developed into useful writing guides.

Such threads from Writers' Corner and Reviews will be moved in here. You are free to continue posting to those threads.

However, you may not start a new topic in here. If you do so, I shall move the thread to the appropriate area and issue a warning for failing to read the rules.

If you wish to gather research for a guide you plan to write, you may do so in either Writers' Corner or Reviews (if the guide regards reviews).

If you write a full article/guide, you may post it to the archives in Writing Tips.

Other than that, the standard rules apply and can be found within the TOS and the main rules in Writers' Corner. Basically

- behave like adults

- respect each other

- follow the rules

- use proper English

and so on and so forth.

I have noticed certain threads that had not been started for the purpose of giving/receiving advice. However, those threads have ended up turning into insightful discussions that can serve as extremely useful albeit unintentional guides for those reading them. That's why I have moved them in here.

There are also some topics that provide links to many useful writing resources and have developed into directory threads. These have also been moved in here because the links provided serve as guides of their own.