Click Here!

Need Beta for Pre-Harmony story (and eventual sequels)

Guest newyorican

Guest newyorican

Hello! I am (obviously) in need of a beta for my story The Life Bond. As of right now, it isn't complete. I normally go over my work at least a dozen times, yet there is still always that one tiny error that I'll miss or something like that. My story is going to be the first part of perhaps four stories. I'm not in any rush to write them all, though, so chances are it'll take me quite a number of months to have everything put together. Here's a bit of info regarding the story I'd like to have beta-ed, if anyone is interested:

Title: The Life Bond

Rating: T

Summary: Harry saved Hermione from the troll, but wound up in a coma. Hermione wished she could help her savior wake up.Who knew an innocent kiss would have such magical ramifications?

Pairing: Future Harmony (H/Hr). (Waaaaaaay future. They're still only in first year.)

Basically, the troll scene is different than in canon. Quirrell never has the chance to warn anyone of the troll, and Harry looks for Hermione out of guilt. The troll is more vicious than in canon and it is a tad more violent than originally, hence the T rating. It isn't super graphic or anything, but I wanted to be safer rather than sorry.

This story is more Friendship than anything. I don't believe that a bond between Harry and Hermione, at age eleven, will result in anything romantic despite other authors' interpretations on the matter. I feel that if anything meaningful is to eventually develop, it needs to start on a strong foundation of friendship, trust, and understanding.

That being said, if anyone wishes to have a look at the story, the first chapter is posted (under S.D. Hopkins on FF.Net) so that you can see if this is something anyone'll be up to beta-ing for me. I understand how annoying and difficult it is to try to beta a story you have absolutely no interest in.

As for what I'm looking for in a beta, I'd like the beta to have a strong knowledge in the Harry Potter world--gramatically speaking as well as general knowledge of how things work in the HP universe, etc. I once had a beta that corrected every single capitilization of certain words that are capitilizied in canon. It drove me bonkers. So basically, while your grammar doesn't have to be perfect (mine sure as heck isn't!) I'd like for the proper nouns in the HP world to STAY proper nouns. If that makes any sense. ^^;

I'm also open to suggestions on how to make certain sentences sound better, or how to make the paragraphs transition better. Things of that nature. I have something of an outline that I drew up and have certain things I'd like to happen in a chapter. My problem is I tend to ramble a lot, and I don't want to throw in unnecessary information that I can easily include in another chapter.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read this message. If anyone is up to beta-ing my story, please message me back. If not, again, thanks for at least reading this.

Regards,

Lissy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.