Click Here!

Beta Needed for an Original M/M

LockedBox

Hello, AFF. It's been a while.

I'm seeking a beta for my original work Mix Beer With Liquor And You Will Get Sicker, which is an M/M set in a fictional, pseudo-victorian setting. It centers around a romantic relationship between two adult men, and will contain consensual anal and oral sex (I'm also thinking of adding a solo-M scene, but I'm not sure yet) but these elements are not present in the next few chapters (there is kissing and a little heavy petting a little later on however).

At the very least I need someone who can look at my spelling and grammar and give me feedback on the characterization and the plot flow. General feedback is fine, so long as you can be reasonable analytical and point out parts that need to be worked on. Simply running a spell check is not good enough.

I've been working on this story for a while and have a backlog of chapters that have yet to be posted, adding up to about 35 thousand words if you include the incomplete chapter. You don't have to beta all of them by any means. Just betaing one chapter would make me a very happy girl so long as it is done properly, running a spell check and changing the grammar around without telling me how or why is not good enough.

Also, I have some special specifications about chapter two (the first one that needs to be beta'd). Firstly, a significant portion of it received feedback the writerscrit site. It has several issues (mostly that its a bit dull and expository) and it needs a rewrite. I have tried to rewrite it over the Christmas break, several times in fact, but those attempts were circular and boring at best and nonsensical at worst. Since then real life has become a lot more full than it used to be, with a new job and my admission to university it's very doubtful that I can rewrite the chapter properly any time soon. That wouldn't bother me if it weren't for the fact that I haven't updated my story since last July and that all the other chapters I've written are much better and I want to post them. In short, I am sick to death of trying to rewrite this chapter and I do not have the time or inspiration to do so any more. Am I willing to tweak it to hell and back to make the best of the material that is there? Yes, yes I am. But I do not want to try to rewrite the thing again at this time so please keep that in mind.

If you have done betaing in the past, or writing of your own, please link it to me so that I can see it. I don't want to sound rude but my first beta cut and run and I do not want to go through this polava any more than I have to. If you only want to do one chapter, then that's fine, but do it properly and tell me that from the start. If you change your mind or suffer a setback of some kind then please let me know asap and you will be forgiven, don't just ignore me and leave me in the dark.

Edited by LockedBox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.