Click Here!

Looking for a Beta: Harry Potter and Dragon Age

lycanthrope

• Give a brief description of what you're looking for from your prospective beta.

Okay, so I admit that I may be being a little bit demanding in this respect. First and foremost I have a really nasty habit with the misplacement of words. What I mean by that is I use spell check and quite often in the English language two words are spelt really similar. Just an example I came across yesterday viscus and vicious – they mean two completely different things. So I need someone who can spot these things. 'cause I only tend see them three months down the line when they have already been posted.

I also need a critique. Literally rip my work to pieces. Reviews help but they don’t tend to go anywhere past 'this is great.' or 'please update.' which aren’t exactly helpful when it comes to plot holes and mistakes.

Speed: this is a biggy. I really like updating on a semi regular basis. Every two weeks at the most sometimes once a day if I’ve got time and inclination to write. So I need someone who is going to be able to get back to me quickly, I'm not unreasonable. Within three days and I should be happy.

• Say what fandom this is for, or if it's an original story.

At the moment I have two active stories that need a comb through, one is dragon age (Both origins and 2... it's complicated.) The other is Harry Potter Hermione/OC which is the one I’m a little more invested in at the moment. If you want to see what I’m about give them a read over and I’m sure you'll see what I mean.

Harry Potter: http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094746

Dragon Age: http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600087020

The Harry Potter: By The Light. Is mostly a romantic fic between Hermione and Jamie my OFC. Jamie is in Slytherin, really repressed and slowly she learns the meaning of friendship and loyalty.... while dealing with becoming a werewolf. I like wolves, complications and violence what can I say? Only one very, very mild sex scene so far and if you feel uncomfortable reading it then I will be happy to shield your eyes from it.

The Dragon Age: The First's sister. Is kinda a crossover between origins and 2. The hero of Ferelden turns up in Kirkwall very conveniently turning out to be Merrill's sister. And Merrill is sleeping with Hawke. See complications and violence. Don't say I’m not consistent.

I do have a habit of seeing potential fics in everything I read and watch so it's only a matter of time before I start some other project and they usually turn out to be longer than I intended. I do tent to like working with people I already know but you can always say no is you don’t like the fandom.

I would like to see some previous works that you have been through but if you either haven't done any or don't feel comfortable showing me another author’s work that’s fine. We can just get right down to it as it were.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Lycanthrope

Just so happens that those happen two be two of my favorite fandoms, so will give them a look see and see what I can do with them for you. You can check my stories for my own writing if you'd like, since the person I used to beta for no longer posts on AFF.

Now that sounds like a match made in heaven. Would you like me to send you the files for these stories as they are not what you would call...short. I've just hit 100k words on the harry potter fic just over twenty in dragon age so I don’t know what would be easyest for you.

That would perhaps be best. And not to worry about the length, as I enjoy longer stories. Tend to be more detail oriented and having substance and plot, not just poorly written contrivances that are supposed to be ventures into the realm of fiction. Have MS Word 2007 or Open Office if you prefer either of those, or just copy/pasta into the body of the email works as well.

dragonstories at gmail dot com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.