Click Here!

Automated fic suggestion based on how you rate fics

Tigro Spottystripes

The idea is to compare how you rate fics with how other people rated those fics, then for people that rated similarly to you in more than one fic (perhaps with the amount of overlap required being customizable per user), it will see what other fics they rated highly that you haven't rated yet and suggest them to you. Basicly it tries to guess who has similar tastes to you and shows you what they liked, 'cause if they have similar tastes to you, you probably will like those too. This has the nice sideeffect of stimulating people to rate fics honestly and frequently.

ps: i understand you guys are swamped with work just keeping things running, no need to feel pressured to rush this in, just keep it in mind for when you have some free time and are in the mood for coding new functionalities :)

edit: i've told ratings are going away, but we're gonna have personal lists of recommended reading, i would expect this would work almost just as well with recommended reading lists as it would with ratings

Edited by Tigro Spottystripes

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.