Leonhart29

Which one is better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Being a stay at home mom
    • Being a mom that works outside of the home
    • Being a mom that works but inside the home
    • I don't know

My whole life both of my parents worked, and I was loved and taken care of.

My sister was lucky to find a man who not only treats her good but loves her children! She loves working, she had surgery back in April and one day she called me and said "I love my children but get them the HELL away from me before I go insane!" I laughed and asked her what was wrong, she only reminded me that her time at work was time she had away from them, which is a good thing.

Children don't need to be coddled. I mean attention and caring is perfect but not to the extent that you give up your life for them. As I look back I'm glad both of my parents worked, and didn't hover over me. I feel they made me a better person, then again that is only ME! I don't know how others feel so I can't comment on that. My parents loved me even though the both worked all the time.

Also once I got to be about thirteen I was glad they worked because I hit the stage where I didn't want them home lol

If I had kids, I'd prefer being a working mom outside of the home. I'd seriously go crazy if I was at home that much. I'd of course stay home for a few months after the baby is born, but no longer. However, my fiance' said he wouldn't mind working from home while taking care of the kids. tongue.gif I think my grandmother quit working for eleven years to be a housewife and take care of my mom and aunt. I also think it's a generational difference. When sexisim existed, all women could do was be a housewife. I think it's a great idea to take advantage these days (now that we have the opportunity.) to fulfill whatever passion we have, not only inside of the house but anything. I just think both parents should bring in an income, so the child is well taken care of and has money to go to college etc. However, the up side of staying home is saving all of that money you'd spend on daycare all those years. It's pretty expensive. I guess it depends on the type of person you are, if you love kids I think it's great for those who want to stay home. tongue.gif I think it's even better when fathers want to stay home. I think that's cute because you don't see it as often biggrin.gif

I love being an at home mom, but I will be going back to work when my youngest is old enough to start school. I love my babies, but it will be nice to be out of the house again.

Yes, I do feel like pulling my hair out at times, but don't all parents at some point? Or is that just me? blink.gif

Plus, in my own personal way, I'll feel better when I'm bringing money into the house. Not that I don't work my ass off being an at home mom, because I do. I'm just lucky I got a hubby that knows that, and appreciates me for it. yes.gif

Guest Big Samurai

Outside the home. I say this because I can't remember the last time I've known a stay-at-home. Indeed, several of the moms I know work two or more jobs to keep the family going! It's pretty much a necessity to have both parents working, now. If I had my way, though, I think working outside the home'd still be the better choice. Why lose half your potential house revenue?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.