Click Here!

Cinnamon and Spice, that's what vampire shields ar

kiix

Hello Kiix,

in case you followed our musing about the shields of vampires, a little insight would be appreciated.

All vampires in Kiix universe have basic mindwalking skills (they use them while feeding from humans, but the brothers and Marcus talents are unique. While Marcus is more experienced I got the impression, he doesn't see as 'clearly' or 'pictured' as X. He told him, his mindwalking works different and referred to X's mental passing by as a balmy breeze (if I remember right). So the question is, what sort of vampire can attack a shield in the way Sex did to Claudius? How does an ordinary vampire do it anyway? And how do vampires make out their kin usually? That would be important to know, because it seemst to be the reason for making shields. Alarik only said, he broke Claudius' first shield but never how. If vampires can attack a shield mentally in a similar way to filtering human memories, in which way are the brothers and Marcus that different when it comes to mindwalking? Thats a bit of a miracle to me. Maybe Kiix will enlighten us? She already created several bloods: the hellcats, the seers, the vampires, the humans, the lycan and the orcanlovs. None of those bloods seems to meet the criteria for mind-breaking by mindwalking. You see my problem here.

Can I say, holy crap!!! Okay, let me get my teacher's specs on. Ahem. Okay.

Number one. Not all vampires have shields. They do not need them. A typical Red Vampire such as Frederick does not have a shield. His "world" does not require a shield. The Vampires who are mentally shielded belong to the House or the Council or who are doing illegal things to begin with. We forget this, because all four books are centered around the Elite of the Vampire world in Blood legacy (Blue & Red) as well as secrecy (House of Assassins)

All vampires have the power of suggestion. The power of suggestion is to make your prey docile so you can take a nibble without it screaming and wriggling all over the place. Mindwalking is something more invasive and limited to X, Marcus and now Claudius, even though you really don't want him to have it. He's a royal blue...he has to have this special ability.

Now, I didn't find the person who said it but

Marcus has the mindwalking ability because Claudius was a hidden blue blood and that got passed on to his son
I never thought of that. That explains it!! Because Marcus only has partial ability he has to send all this attention to the task to get it done. This leaves him vunerable. X doesn't have to work as hard. He is quicker but because he is unskilled he cannot travel as far as Marcus can when he is *hunting*.

As for another attack like Sex did in desperation to Claudius. There is no other Vampire who can do it. Marcus does not have the power. You cannot call what Sex did skill it was just driven my emotion and force of will. He just hammered against a rock until it broke. Claudius has not worked on his new mental abilities because he has no need to (and this keeps Marcus in business)

I hope this helps...or makes you think...or just makes you write. As always, I'll be looking forward to replies. It just makes me all warm...no wait, that's my sunburn. Big Sign....off to write another chapter.

Kiix

*ps. byw I liked that phrase Kiix universe. Ah...it's good to be queen.

Sunburn ... poor thing.

the quote about Claudius and MArcus - that would be me; I remember that review (in the rants-section).

Mindwalking is something more invasive and limited to X, Marcus and now Claudius, even though you really don't want him to have it. He's a royal blue...he has to have this special ability.

No no no no no :-) Right I really despise that idea and since our last ramblings weren't enough to convince you, I offer another reason why Claudius should not have the mindwalking-ability.

An emperor, especially in war-times, can't refrain from practicing and using a weapon such as this. It wouldn't only be unwise but dangerous as well. You could bring up moral issues but Claudius surely didn't earn the title 'black death' or ' pest' by behaving all moral and being an assassin doesn't exactly fall into that category.

If you need the mindwalking as a treat of the blue line, than please make it a dormant thing some blues have and others just pass on.

Still not convinced ... o-k. I will swallow this pill ... grudgingly ... tongue.gif

Number one. Not all vampires have shields. They do not need them. A typical Red Vampire such as Frederick does not have a shield. His "world" does not require a shield. The Vampires who are mentally shielded belong to the House or the Council or who are doing illegal things to begin with. We forget this, because all four books are centered around the Elite of the Vampire world in Blood legacy (Blue & Red) as well as secrecy (House of Assassins)

O.K. That was to be expected but still doesn't explain why they make up shields because I don't see anyone but Marcus and now the brothers, who could extract informations out of their minds and I still don't know how a non-mindwalking vampire finds out his kin in sitations like in the bar with Alarik. Plus the shield can only shield them when out of senses reach.

Oh, I'm sorry for creeping you out with the blood-shield-drinking-thing. My evil side admittedly enjoys this. Insignificant creature - me - can do that to you... So how about it, too evil?

*ps. byw I liked that phrase Kiix universe. Ah...it's good to be queen.

I humbly bow to you, Your Majesty.

As for the sunburn, it was a battle of the offices thing. Two pitch softball. I think I could smell bacon and then I realized that my 45 spf had given up the ghost. I thought we would come, play our guaranteed two games and then head back to work. No...we had to WIN the championship. So needless to say, this little piggy got fried...badly. But we got a trophy!

Anyway back to the Shields.

Did I tell ya, I love ya? No? But I do. (Enjoy this kissing up.)

Ahem. I just keep telling myself that these questions make the story better. They do. They really do. And I'm not being sacrastic here. I haven't thought about them. And, I probably should have.

still don't know how a non-mindwalking vampire finds out his kin in sitations like in the bar with Alarik

You know that feeling you get when you know someone is standing behind you even though you didn't hear them come up. You don't have to turn around, you just know that they are there. This is the same as feeling of someone staring at your from across the crowded room. I think it's called the sixth sense (I know, I see dead people) but that is what I am referring to when Vampires encounter each other. You just know. Again, every Red Vampire would have this...the Blues would have it ramped higher. So it would be kind of like a regular person vs a spiritual medium. I don't know if I explained that well. You can always give me a shout back.

Why do they need shields?

Cause you have A-holes like Alarik out there.

A shield is a defense mechanism for protection and stealth. If it is strong enough it can act like a Klingon cloaking device -- again this is based on color of flame, age and force of will. Everyone who does have one, is different. Even Lycan's can have a shield even though they can detect any presence of mind tampering almost before it begins.

Liam told Hades how to protect himself, even from himself to his chagrin (I just love being able to use that word). A continuously flowing blood shield was effective enough to keep the progenitor from whisking his little Honeybee away to the beach.

So to stay consistent with the Cake Universe, that will have to be the strongest shield -- especially is that is made with Blue Blood. Liam will have to have shown Claudius how to make this new shield. You can't have the new Lord Emperor wandering around defenseless.

As for other shields...whatever the mind can believe it will achieve. X had a mirror disco ball for a shield because Claudius told him that Marcus hated mirrors and would go almost catonic when encountering them. So this was a rather strong -- stay the hell out warning sign. Claudius second shield was something he fashioned from himself -- blood and bone. Other Loyal and Ranked will have their own shields of their own making.

Oh, I'm sorry for creeping you out with the blood-shield-drinking-thing. My evil side admittedly enjoys this. Insignificant creature - me - can do that to you... So how about it, too evil?

Kiix slides down the evilness pew so Kiba can take a seat. I like it. Although when I first read it, I actually moved my hands off the keyboard, then I did a big shiver and eeeewwww. I want to use it on Hades. Bwah hahahaha. (Not up to that chappie yet though.)

So here is my song and dance again. I'm off to bath in aloe vera. Later.

Kiix

Edited by kiix

Yeah, you won! It's good to be queen ... even a fried queen. Hope the aloe helped with the sunburn.

If it is strong enough it can act like a Klingon cloaking device

laugh.gif

I want to use it on Hades

I hope, I get that wrong and it's just a language-problem sad.gif You aren't actually planning to make someone drink from Hades shield??! Help, I'm giving you ideas about teasing Honeybee! :-)

I'm evil enough to look forward to it. Don't tell Liam.

See you,

Kiba

I love picking the brains of my LOYAL. BWAH HAHAHAHA

Seriously, I love to write, but you guys come up with questions that would never have considered. They make me think and that in turn gets the motor going and I guess that what keeps you coming back for more...and more...and more.

Ravenous little buggers. But I love ya.

Your shield discussion has veered me off in another direction, which I think you will like. And, ya, I think Hades shield will be used as a drinking fountain....but by whom?

Rubbing my little hands together. But, I got to get X to the top of the House first. A ways to go yet.

Hellcat licks to one and all.

Seriously, I love to write, but you guys come up with questions that would never have considered. They make me think and that in turn gets the motor going and I guess that what keeps you coming back for more...and more...and more.

Ravenous little buggers. But I love ya.

Groundhog-day wink.gif LY 2

And, ya, I think Hades shield will be used as a drinking fountain ...but by whom?

I go and have a talk with Liam about Hemlock-poison. Maybe Honeybee can add this to his shield as a spicy welcome to your mysterious shield-drainer. But than there is the slight, or maybe not so slight, possibility of it being Skell. Theoretically all of the brothers, Marcus or Claudius but I have a feeling it will be Skell.

Surprise me! Surprise me!

Damn it, you just got me hooked for the next 30+ chapters. I'm never going to get rid of the C-addiction smile.gif

Hellcat licks to one and all.

Hellcats have big tongues - spares the peeling.

Alas, I picked myself up off my butt and registered for the forum.

Sorry for spamming up your Reviews over at the Rants section, Kiix.

To the light question. Let's treat the existance of the shields as a 'because Kiix wrote so'-thing and therefore a given. Light might work against younger vampires but once they pass a certain age, they can withstand the sun. (After Sex drank from Liam on the beach, he said he had the abilities of about 200+, so the mark would be the time a vampire becomes an ancient.) I assume up to that age the light-shield could work but younger vampires naturally aren't likely to go against others. So I would create a different sort of shield and additionally mix it with light (like mirror or water reflecting light). Against a Hades or a Liam, even a Xavier would light be nothing but a glow to bask in.

I blame it on the fact that I've been awake for approximately 17 hours now (with OVERTIME to do today at work too) but I don't remember the bit about vampires becoming more immune to the sunlight. I need to re-read, don't I? tongue.gif

The blood-thing. Cool idea! I guess it would work because the beach is somehow mindwalking, at least Liam referred to it like that, and the blood taken on the beach does work out in the real world. The brothers have one big advantage. Due to the fracturing they can mindwalk without worrying for the body as long as one takes control of it in the real world. If not ... they end up thrown into a tub full of ice by Liam :-).

I'm wondering.. is it possible for one of the brothers to be out in the 'Mind World', one in the 'Real World' and the other two in the 'Beach/Darkness World'? To be out in the 'Mind World', you would have to have some connection to the 'Real World', right? Oh, I'm confusing myself here.

I wonder if Marcus ability would increase, if he learned to 'share' with Armor like the brothers. Could he take longer walks if Armor took control of the body while Marcus mindwalked?

Oh! That's a wonderful idea! Armor and Marcus working together... but then Kiix said something earlier.. Um, let me find it...

Because Marcus only has partial ability he has to send all this attention to the task to get it done.

If that's the case, it might be a little difficult for the pair. I can't think of a good explanation because my brain is numb from the long day... but I'll try to think of one tomorrow.

I'll get back to this.

laugh.gif Hello ATOI,

nice to see you here.

I'm wondering.. is it possible for one of the brothers to be out in the 'Mind World', one in the 'Real World' and the other two in the 'Beach/Darkness World'? To be out in the 'Mind World', you would have to have some connection to the 'Real World', right? Oh, I'm confusing myself here.

Since the brothers did something like that pretty often (for example on top of the ferris wheel or one of them is reluctant to meet with the others) and Liam vaguely mentioned it, when he dumped the brothers in the ice-filled tub, I think they can. I hope so. It makes avoiding each other a lot more difficult if you are stuck with each other 24/7.

Because Marcus only has partial ability he has to send all this attention to the task to get it done.

If that's the case, it might be a little difficult for the pair. I can't think of a good explanation because my brain is numb from the long day... but I'll try to think of one tomorrow.

I'll get back to this.

Hm, it was difficult for them to begin with; I thought Armor referred with his sentence only to Marcus ability. It never occured to me he meant them avoiding to join forces. Anyway, they have to work something out. Apparently they improved a little for Marcus wants Azrael to bond with Armor but that could be a favor to the brothers. Otherwise the opportunity is best now. They are closer in character and feelings than anytime before. I hope they get close - like real brothers and be themselves a better support-system. Everybody in V.D. gets boosted but Marcus/Armor so they have to boost themselves.

Ah the numb brain, today was hard and long for me too ... See you back here. wink.gif

I was sitting here going...la de dah..life is swell and then I got blindsided with another string of queries. Gack, I love it.

My immediate response was nope. Can't happen. Never, uhnhn...then

Since the brothers did something like that pretty often (for example on top of the ferris wheel or one of them is reluctant to meet with the others) and Liam vaguely mentioned it, when he dumped the brothers in the ice-filled tub, I think they can. I hope so. It makes avoiding each other a lot more difficult if you are stuck with each other 24/7.

Now, I'm saying crap. Damn it. Yes, I did have Sex in control of the body after X drank himself into a stupor on top of the ferris wheel. The imagery of Az being pissed at X while standing on the wheel support while staring into the setting sun is sort of iconic so I'm stuck.

My original thoughts were that the brothers used the body singly. While in the real world, they have the mindwalking ability as part of this reality. Truthfully they are just complete spirits/thoughts in the dark and on the beach. The have no form but what their "core" gives them. (which is why each brother is different. I am basing this off of their soul/identity/character)

The original concept was "You can only have one peg in a hole at a time."

So now I have created a little problem for myself. I hate using "Kiix says so" so here is a plausible explanation--I hope. The brothers have shown that they can interchange at will. They have also shown that if the one in the real world is unconscious, they can take over. So my thoughts are that since Xavier had drank himself to the verge of passing out, in a dangerous place that if he fell be might actually die, this allowed Sex and Az to materialize like specters. Just like ghosts, they could make some effect in the real world but not a strong presence or a prolonged one. This time, they just kept X from falling off the ferris wheel. It didn't prevent X from hurling all over Claudius' shoes though.

I don't have the exact part in front of me right at the moment, but wasn't X able to see through Azrael? I hope so, that would fix this little conundrum.

As for being in each other's back pocket...I've addressed this in Clove chapter 154: Golden Phoenix

Now, Marcus. Marcus, Marcus, Marcus. I finally got him loveable again. What was that? 100 chappies to get him forgiven. Whew! I thought Hades and Liam were worse but the LOYAL forgave them so easily and my poor poor Puppy was left out in the cold.

Marcus is a red vampire. Sucking on Honeybee would get him stronger, but we all know that that is not going to happen. Liam wouldn't allow it. Even if he got some blue genes from Claudius he is still a scarlet flame -- although still an upper level red. In the evolution of the brothers 4, Marcus and Armor will not be getting an upgrade. He is red. There is no way for him to move up to Crimson Flame (well Hades, and that isn't going to happen) (listen to me, I said there wasn't going to be another brother for X and the boys--gees)

Marcus and Armor will work toward a better relationship and will begin to see brotherhood as a thing to strive for.

Well that's it for now. I hope that helped. If I made it worse, I have some Tylenol.

devil.gif

Hi Kiix,

Are you sure you don't need the Tylenol for yourself?

This time, they just kept X from falling off the ferris wheel. It didn't prevent X from hurling all over Claudius' shoes though.

I don't have the exact part in front of me right at the moment, but wasn't X able to see through Azrael? I hope so, that would fix this little conundrum.

It's chapter 39 of Cinnamon, called 'Carnage'. Hurling over Claudius' shoes was all X, Sex was back with Azrael but before the brothers had a connection to each other. Azrael comments on Sex's emotional state etc. and gives him orders.

Maybe I have another dull day. Can they now or not? Guess I have to wait for further chapters. :-)

As for being in each other's back pocket...I've addressed this in Clove chapter 154: Golden Phoenix

I'm so curious for 'Golden Phoenix'

Now, Marcus. Marcus, Marcus, Marcus. I finally got him loveable again. What was that? 100 chappies to get him forgiven. Whew! I thought Hades and Liam were worse but the LOYAL forgave them so easily and my poor poor Puppy was left out in the cold.

I might be wrong but I think that is because Hades wasn't 'familiy'. He was never close to the brothers and not important enough to make his missteps important to the loyal. You also introduced him as the asshole of the day, he was supposed to act on it. Marcus (as well as Armor) on the contrary had intertwined his soul with Azrael (X); he was supposed to be a back-pillar and as a lover/brother generally NOT to hurt his lover/brothers. In comparison to Hades his guilt is much more heavy. He has a far more bigger impact on them than Hades. Yes, slavery was worst but Sex said it, when the day was over, he could go home etc. With all the hardship out there, betrayal and hurt from inside the pod naturally manages to shake the brothers at its worst. Claudius learns that now.

Even if he got some blue genes from Claudius he is still a scarlet flame (...) Marcus and Armor will not be getting an upgrade. He is red. There is no way for him to move up to Crimson Flame

??? Where should he have them from? Blood-exchange doesn't change the genom. I never wanted him to move up to a Crimson but I think, if you neglect his advancement, he - as a character in C - someday will become too weak to stand beside the brothers, maybe even a character to loose interest in. The emotional implications are nearly exhausted. Any more mad-man fireworks and Marcus becomes implausible. Personally I never was a Marcus fan but the eldest brothers started the whole story and I don't wont them to be left out and at the moment their train leads to a repeat of Liam and Hades history.

Now hand me the Tylenol please. wink.gif

One lump or two? biggrin.gif

And I might have been premature on the chappie name...I'm still writing it.

If you require a pat answer..since I skittered all around that question to begin with is a big fat NO. One brother is in the body. That brother can mindwalk. The other 3 are just hanging out at the beach If the body brother is incapacitated then someone else can step up. (too confusing...my little warped mind is pusling now....must...not....explode.)

Marcus is golden now. I don't plan on his going psycho again. He and Armor have to bond and yes...he is going to have to step up his game if he plans to be a consort to the Imperial Four.

Today was a bad day for me, so I'm not going to even TRY to get the mind working.

However, I must agree with K - Marcus/Armor are in dire need of an upgrade. They don't need a new, shiny talent sprung out of nowhere, but something needs to be improved.

I already see a slight improvement in Marcus - his game face, they way he stands tall, his new backbone. That's what we're looking for! Something to show that M/A have grown too. Something to let us know that they're not going to be left in the dust of the others.

He's an Ancient now - he ought to act like one! He may not be as 'Ancient' as Hiam... er.. Lades.. uh.. Okay, it's impossible to mix the two names together (though I tried). Anyways, he's not as strong as them, but he's still an Ancient. So he should be stronger than he used to be. Sure, he's already stronger than the normal vampire, but even the strong can get stronger, right?

I understand if it's too much work for you, Kiix.. it's just a small request that can be ignored if you have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I have a thought. What is Skell has a shield of metal feathers (like his wings from the beach)? It would be like those feather christmas balls. Only it's large and encompasses the blood shield.

Of course this would attack my supposition that the blood sheild would be the strongest...but....er

I just thought it would be cool

Very cool, indeed.

Of course this would attack my supposition that the blood sheild would be the strongest...but....er

I don't see why he can't add the blood later - up to now, he has absolutely no idea that he even is shielding. Other vampires don't neccessary see the structure of the shield. Sex for example didn't know about Claudius' first shield until Sasha told him what it was about. Skell needed to provide himself with an armor.

And since his shield encompasses the shields of the other brothers, they could be unable to attack it or make out what it is made of. That would partly explain why they couldn't get in to Skell or why Marcus wasn't able to find them and why the brothers weren't able to expand their soul to the point of reaching Marcus. Skell produced sort of a bubble with multiple (?) layers and only Hades beating managed to tear one down.

Metal feathers are cool - I love the idea!

• 2 months later...

couldn't a shield be made of multiple layers?????ok so this ia a shield i thought of..i thought Hasmallim has to have unique shield. but i don't think this shiel is good enough. crying.gif

first layer is made of mirrors to confuse the enemy

2 layer a water fall of blood to drawn the enemy

3 layer a thik fog of boold to desorintet the enemy

4 layer while it is desorintet he could bomp into the explosive blood bubbles hidden is the fog

5 layer and also hidden in the fog are movement seeking deadly lasers

6 layer a permanet self - rebilding wall made from the hand of light, once is touched a self-destruction will take place taking the enemy with it.

7 layer a permanet self - rebilding wall made from the healing light made of 2 stages

the fist one to proctect every thing form damege when layer 6's self-destruction takes place and ithe seconf one in the same time will healing all the other shield layers that have been broken.

so what to you think??? it this a good shield??? smile.gifunsure.gifrolleyes.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.