Click Here!

TOS question

Riah

I've got a question in regards to the new TOS update.

20) I understand that unnecessary editing is prohibited. As an author, I understand I am allowed no more than one edit in any twenty-four hour period and, should I be found guilty of violating this ToS; (ie: bumping my story up by editing without actually doing any work, only to keep it on the top of the list) is punishable by, but not limited to, having my account frozen or taken over. In extreme cases where I continue to do so and it is found that I've ignored repeated warnings by the administration, I acknowledge that my account can be deleted without warning or further arbitration.

I'm working on doing some heavy edits but also come chapter shuffling in the near future for one of my fan fictions. I was planning on doing it all at once and then uploading it all at once in the space of half an hour, hopefully along with a new chapter. However I don't want to have my account frozen or taken over.

So where do I stand? sad.gif

Guest DarkAvenger

No one's going to bitch at you for fixing it all at once, I promise.

We're trying to prevent those bozos who go and "edit" once an hour to keep their fics at the top of the list, that's all.

If anything should happen, such as some overzealous member reports you, then please simply point back to this thread as proof of what you were doing.

When exactly are you going to try to do this? So that I have a time frame to go by.

Guest DarkAvenger

My suggestion is gather your edits up and then post them all within an hour timespan.

Other than that, you could wait until the new coding is done, since this TOS rule is a "stop gap" measure until we have that code stable. That should be a week or so (since we've been working on it for over a month now).

• 7 months later...

Oh, is this still something that happens? My stories are posted in a category that isn't very big, so I didn't notice that editing your story bumped it back up to the top of the list, since I have never seen a change when I edited the story to the position of the story.

Since English isn't my native language I often reread the story on the site after I posted it immidiately to find things I missed in Word, because reading it in a different format helps me find some errors I read over in my original document, and then I edit it, pressing said button, checking again, pressing said button, etc. I never really noticed it changed the place my story was listed, but if this still is what happens I'd liked to know, so I don't annoy people or violate the TOS unwillingly.