Click Here!

I Used to Be Angry

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

RULES:

• You MAY post a reply, but if it's on a past rant, PLEASE, for my sanity, quote the part of the rant you're replying to.
  • I like advice. Don't be afraid to post something that's not sympathetic to my rant if it's truly helpful.
  • Let's not fight, eh? I like a good debate, but flame wars anger me in so many ways... oh so many ways...
  • No naming names, folks. I won't be talking about specific people often, but when I do I have the courtesy to not name names directly. Please do the same when replying.

Rant: People who can't be allowed to have power.

I used to be a part of a forum where one of the Admin was a very religious Christian. Well, on the forum I once made a post called "Damn you Jesus!" to express my ire at the fact that both an author and musician had both decided to release only Christian work from that point on.

Well, being a totally level headed guy, the Admin decided to not only change my post title, but publicly respond claiming I was attacking Christians and went onto a whole "Not all Christians hate Sinners" rant (those were exact words, BTW), THEM PMed me on my behavior on the board. Me, utterly pissed and in a mood to put someone in their place, responded with a lengthly post (which I will post here, edited to remove names, if Adara says it's okay. The only reason I feel so comfy talking about this at all is I'm absolutely positive he does not have an account here and the only other person who DOES have an account here who is very familiar with the situation is Cain, so yeah.) telling him that he's a total hypocrite for being an immature embodiment of the type of Christian he doesn't want everyone to assume he is.

He then promptly re-edited my post, putting it back the way it was, then sent me a PM apologizing. Right after THAT, he apologized to the whole board. I felt awesome tongue.gif

Though, I will say, I do believe he acted so... strongly, due to certain company I keep.

But here's my point... I HATE to see people in power who don't belong in power. The only reason that guy was Admin was because he paid for the site. Luckily, there was another Admin who's much more level and totally awesome to kind of restrain him.

People need to better evaluate who should be in charge. For example, look at out President! He's managed to make most of the world hate us, get us into a war that's done little beyond kill many good men and women, and started pushing us back into McCarthyism! And people think he's doing a good job? WHAT THE FUCK!?

The whole voting system is fucked and too easily messed with. Not to mention we need to get rid of some pretty stupid institutions.

If it were up to me, in order for a person to vote they'd have to take a test to make sure they know the ideals the person they're voting for has. Furthermore, I'd never allow the religious views of the candidates be revealed until AFTER election day, and then only for the candidate who won.

You know, I really hope Obama doesn't win this election. That should prove he can't get by on the color of his skin. I love that Hilary never mentions her gender, or tries to target women. People will voter for her because she's not afraid to change her mind, or say what it is she wants to change or fix. Obama just goes around with the "I'm Black!" thing. Look, I'd love to see a person of color or a woman in office, but if that's all they are, I won't vote for them.

A really interesting president would be one who's an Hermaphrodite, African-American Buddhist. THAT would be interesting indeed.

EDIT: Since Adara OK'd it, here comes the interaction. They're listed in CHRONOLOGICAL order, folks. Everything, I swear, is word for word, The only editing done was to remove names. Nothing else was changed. So, yeah, look at all my lovely spelling mistakes laugh.gif

Anne Rice has found Jesus and will now only write Jesus loving novels. -.-

First Head from Korn and now this? Bitches! You know what this means right? Next it'll be Scott Ramsoomair, and Tom Fulp! And after that? THE WORLD! There will be no more artists and writers left to fully entertain me and my decidedly NOT!Christian tastes. I'll have to turn to mass high powered rifle aided murders and Oklahoma-esque bombings! What hell will I be forced to unleash on the world for the sake of my enjoyment?! What, people? WHAT?

EDIT: [Admin], I am disgusted. (done after he changed the post details and he publicly posted his reply)

Your disappointment doesn't bother me, just the fact that you're so obnoxious with it. Because there are Christians here and that was a really wreckless and dumb title, I changed it. Carry on..

P.S. One day you all will learn that Christians are not against Sinners, we're against evil, the fact that there are Christians who were not properly taught that doesn't justify your labeling of all Christians. I expect you all to know better and rise above their ignorance. What you have to understand is that Christians are people, and some people are stupid. I would tell you, that I am not a religous person, I am a Christian. For the longest time Christianity has been plagued with a religious dogma of acts and performance. You can come down here to the South and go to one of the local 'First Churches' and watch all the old women fall across the pudes. The same can be said for many others (trying not to name denominations), but I guarantee that those churches are as dry as concrete. On the other hand you can come to my church, or any Church that teaches the true Word of God, and experience the true knowledge and understanding of God's Will, and have God's presence reigning freely.

I do not dislike any one of you because you are not Christians, that would be stupid. But I do pray for you and try to be an example, perhaps even a line to which you can meet and experience the true love of God. I count all of you as my friends and wish you no ill will...

P.P.S. We already had Tolkein and C.S. Lewis, now Rice... Jesus 3 Devil 0

P.P.S.S. What if Jesus were a Ninja? PWND!

I don't mind that you are not a Christian, or that you do not particularly like Christians, but I do not tolerate the inconsideration for others. Please use more discretion when choosing what to say.

The Admin.

I don't mind that you are not a Christian, or that you do not particularly like Christians, but I do not tolerate the inconsideration for others. Please use more discretion when choosing what to say.

The Admin.

For starters, I have absolutly nothing agsinst Christians. Most of my family is indeed Christian. Baptist Christian. Preachers. And while I myself am not a Christian for various reasons, it doesn't mean I partake in good jolly rounds of unjustified Christian Bashing. It seems that you believe all non-Christiaqns must HATE and DISPISE all Christians or you wouldn't have left that lenghtly and rather elitist reply to my post.

While I suppose that yes, my title may offend people, it is in no way meant to be an "ALL CHRISTIANS BURN" statment. I suppose I can see where you get that from, especially concerning the company I keep (Cain). I, however, am disappointed in your choice of response. Instead of sending me a personal message concerning the issue and waiting for me to respond, you first left an obnoxious lengthly message about you religious beliefs and MY religious beliefs (I must ask, do you think your psychic or something? I suggest you seek professional help about that) THEN chose to send me a personal message. That is hardly profressional or mature behavior. You claim that my post was obnoxious, therefore it is for you to set a rubric by which we should measure maturity.

P.S. One day you all will learn that Christians are not against Sinners, we're against evil, the fact that there are Christians who were not properly taught that doesn't justify your labeling of all Christians. I expect you all to know better and rise above their ignorance. What you have to understand is that Christians are people, and some people are stupid. I would tell you, that I am not a religous person, I am a Christian. For the longest time Christianity has been plagued with a religious dogma of acts and performance. You can come down here to the South and go to one of the local 'First Churches' and watch all the old women fall across the pudes. The same can be said for many others (trying not to name denominations), but I guarantee that those churches are as dry as concrete. On the other hand you can come to my church, or any Church that teaches the true Word of God, and experience the true knowledge and understanding of God's Will, and have God's presence reigning freely.

Where have I "labeled all Christians"? Or is this a response to everyone who seemed to share in my opinion? Either way, you're hardly proving you point in this response. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe posts such as your may indeed be one of the many reasons people seem to have such negative views of Christianity. I know that when I was younger had you replyed to me in a such a manner it would have caused a flame war about the high horse all Christians have rode in on. Luckily for the integrity of the forum I have learned that not all Christians are the exact opposite of what they say and generally leave well enough alone and don't partake in flaming (for that is what you did) posts that suggest anti-Christian ideas and think before they reply to something. You, however don't seem to think before reacting and in turn make yourself look like a hypocrite. You don't want people making uneducated and unjustified opinions about you and your religion? Pie. Just don't make the same type of opinions of people. Treat others as you would want them to treat you. Simple policy.

Also, for future refrence, people don't like to have ANY IDEA concerning ANY TOPIC shoved down their throat. That goes for religion, marriage, sexuality, anything. People will respond to you better if you at leaste SEEM more open to ideas and actual conversations, not just a diatribe of your personal opinion. There is a way of getting your personal beliefs out there without being abusive about it.

His only response (which I didn't save) was a simple apology, both in PMs and then to everyone on the forum. It felt good...

The thing is, if he hadn't gone into the who hypocritical "Christians don't all have sticks up their asses" rant, I would've just left it at the PM. Hell, I would have agreed with him and simply apologized. BUT... assclown.gif

Edited by Alien Pirate Pixagi

Guest Adara

You can post it if you'd like Pix. Just make sure to edit as you said you would. smile.gif

As far as your rant, I totally agree with you. Just because someone can lead, doesn't necessarily mean they should. Not everyone has the constitution of a good leader or the level-headedness required to be fair to everyone they are leading.

This is one of my pet peeves actually - the all or nothing way of thinking. Not everyone who is a Non-Christian is a Satanist or a Christian hater. Those of us who do not go along with the "norm" and believe (or don't believe) what we think is right shouldn't be put into a bag and labeled as bad people - or ignorant. It's a fact that some of the most intelligent people to ever walk the earth have been Non-Christians. In any case - it's still a form of prejudice - everyone has a right to their opinion but no one has the right to push it on anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of my pet peeves actually - the all or nothing way of thinking. Not everyone who is a Non-Christian is a Satanist or a Christian hater. Those of us who do not go along with the "norm" and believe (or don't believe) what we think is right shouldn't be put into a bag and labeled as bad people - or ignorant. It's a fact that some of the most intelligent people to ever walk the earth have been Non-Christians. In any case - it's still a form of prejudice - everyone has a right to their opinion but no one has the right to push it on anyone else.

Hehe... There was a girl in my Set design class when I was a Freshman in High School who once said, about me "I know she doesn't think she's a Satanist, but because she doesn't believe in God, she's against Him and with the Devil."

Upon finding this out, I laughed my fucking ass off. The girl was a bit... yeah...

Religious insanity is something I've always been rather... fond of... in that homicidal maniac type way... yes... In every religion there's always a small, loud group of people who make the entire organization look like a mind eating cult.

Eh, people are stupid.

Leik.

The Ethan Haas/1-18-08/Idiocy Connection

I saw this trailer when I went to go see Transformers a few weeks ago (which was awesome, by the way) and was instantly hooked, as was just about almost everyone else that saw that movie. All you see is a surprise party, which becomes a panicked run through the streets of New York from a monster the audience can't see.

It is freakin' awesome. (More on the trailer, movie and cast can be found at 1-18-08 Pedia, a Wiki I Admin and edit with a couple of awesome people)

Now, somewhere (I thing on IMBD) someone went and said "This is connected to Ethan Haas" and everyone went and Googled "Ethan Haas," and found two websites that both work in the viral marketing style that 1-18-08 was done in. Well, I bit when I found there was a connection.

Then, a week later, J.J. Abrams went and said there was no connection. Gotcha, concentrate on 1-18-08.com. Right!

Well, now, one would think that it would be the end of that line of discussion. But it wasn't. Because people are stupid. So, incredibly, blindingly stupid. It really, really, hurts how dumb they are. For instance, there are a lot (I mean, a LOT) of hoax websites out that just popped out of the woodwork when 1-18-08 aired in theaters, and they all claim to be a part of the viral marketing scheme of J.J. Abrams and Paramount pictures. Almost ALL of them claim a connection between Ethan Haas and 1-18-08. And guess what? People are so fucking stupid, and so fucking Internet inept, they fucking use those sites as PROOF that there's a connection, or at least PROOF they're legit.

One girl, for instance, claimed that the Ethan Haas Myspace HAD to be legit because it had pictures from the ethanhaaswasright website and from the 1-18-08.com site. She didn't seem to understand the print screen option.

People STILL do this! They keep looking for a connection that doesn't exist, has been refuted by the PEOPLE IN CONTROL and STILL! STILL they look.

Mindless fools.

Just now, some guy went to a Myspace who's username was "SlushoFan" and decided, because the guy mentioned three J.J. Abrams projects AND Ethan Haas, he MUST be connected. 'Cause, you know, I can't make a MySpace claiming to be Lady Diana and post up actual pictures of her and NOT be here, right?

People are so fucking dumb.