Click Here!

Live Earth is promoting green to save the planet

Guest echtrae

Guest Agaib

The message is right. The delivery really sucks. Do we really need pop stars to tell us how to treat the planet? Somehow watching some oddly dressed person get on stage with weird hair doesn't really inspire Me.

Guest Adara

Well, I think their aim was to make sure people were AWARE of the problem. What are the general masses usually led by? Pop culture. So if pop culture promotes a better way of dealing with our resources, is it really that bad?

Honestly, if people listened to news or read newspapers as much as they should, this situation probably would not have gotten to where it was in the first place. tongue.gif Gotta reach people in the way they're more likely to be reached. I mean, that's how they force feed us the, "You need [blank] to be [thinner, prettier, smarter, energetic, trendy, fashionable]." bullshit, they may as well use that same media to get everyone to smarten the hell up. tongue.gif

I love the irony... Each plane in one trip gives out as much carbon emissons as a single car does in 50 years (Heard that while watching Live Earth) but yet, all of those artists travel around the world everyday on planes without batting a eye.

Who are the people that really need to wake up, ne?

Guest Agaib

Well, planes also USUALLY care much more than one person. If say a plane carries one hundred people or so that means that they've used about fifty percent of what they would a year in their car. Assuming people fly on average once a year (or twice every other year), cutting down their carbon emissions by 50% would still be about a decrease of their total carbon emissions by a third. I made up these numbers so don't take My word for it but the general idea is there. Of course, even with these numbers planes do seem to put out a lot of carbon emissions and jets that carry only a few people (like a celebrities) are extremely wasteful.