Click Here!

If you liked Galaxy Angel...

quamp

This is definitely NOT your father's Galaxy Angel.

If you're a long-time fan of Galaxy Angel as I am, you probably were relieved that they were finally releasing Galaxy Angel AA and Rune together. While AA continues the adventures of the original Angel troupe, Rune has them going into another galaxy in the same universe with another team.

The original Galaxy Angel was cute, sweet and funny – Rune isn't any of those.

The biggest problem is the use of sick fanboy service. We have pictures (censored, fortunately) of the Apricot Sakuraba naked (she's only 14, btw.) sick.gif There's also a lot of swearing and an implicit yuri relationship here (they draw out a scene where Apricot licks the fingers of Tequila too much, IMHO.) Much of it is just plain wrong (example: 11-year-old Nano-Nano Pudding shouts at one point: "He's a masochist!" That's supposed to be very funny, but it's not.) To show you how bad the new series is, the company putting it out only included one episode on the first disc. The rest of it is 13 songs performed live by the new Angel-tai. This too is also packed with fanboy service. Most of the new team is dressed in clothing that shouts "ignore what I'm singing and stare at my body." I may be unfair in compairing them to the original Angel-tai, but they just don't have the synergy that the original team does. dry.gif

Fortunately for us Angel fans, they decided to release Galaxy Angel AA at the same time. I'm sticking with that.

The Rune manga is a little better, but not much. At least there, Tequila vents all her sexual desires on a guy.

They had to ruin a good thing with this. realmad.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.