Click Here!

Final Fantasy XII Bosses

Squallfan

I'm about half way through the game I guess. I'm loving it a lot more than when I started, but there's something I have noticed. The bosses in this game are more a pain in the ass than the other FF games I've played.

I don't know how many times I've died trying to get past a boss. I end up going back to build up my characters before I try again. I'm all for making my characters stronger, but dammit!

Does anyone else think that the bosses are tougher in this games? I don't know, maybe it's just the new fighting engine that makes it seem that way to me.

That new fighting engine has actually grown on me too. I honestly didn't think it would.

You know - I have the "Official" walk through and I still can't get passed some of those damn bosses. Yeah - I think they are a bit tougher. And the fighting engine has grown on me too... it's a lot better than having to worry about the others in your party - the gambits help a lot.

Honestly? I found most of the bosses to be a piece of cake. I think at point one of them was nothing more then a series of cut scenes. He did the intro scene, I hit him with a slew of special strikes, then went straight to the exit scene.

Granted, the espers are bit more difficult, but I tend to pilot the party healer, so I can skip a gambit if needed.

I found them all to be rather easy, actually. It's the espers and big hunts that I have problems with *shakes fist at Zodi-chan and big lizard-chan*

Most of the bosses simply require 1 long quickening - provided you've unlocked enough of em on the lic. board, this will smite pretty much any boss. However, I will concede that FFXII is more difficult that most of the recent entries to the series, which is a very good thing.

Hunts were where the challenge was, but alas, these are generally best handled the same way. I did get pissed at that Trickster white chocobo thingy though what with its phys/mag immunity shields sad.gif Some of the later hunts were ridiculously lengthy though and required near constant healing. Gilgamesh was a longish and tricky battle, and pretty interesting as well.

Hunts were where the challenge was, but alas, these are generally best handled the same way. I did get pissed at that Trickster white chocobo thingy though what with its phys/mag immunity shields sad.gif Some of the later hunts were ridiculously lengthy though and required near constant healing. Gilgamesh was a longish and tricky battle, and pretty interesting as well.

TRICKSTER!!! I died so many times figting that bugger it isn't funny. Especially when I realised that I had had Fran gambits set up to heal the enemy (instead of attack, heal). Gilgamesh was fun! I've never had so much fun screaming at my TV as I did while fighting him biggrin.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.