Click Here!

Singer ordered to change song

quamp

Story here

LAHORE, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistan's Supreme Court has ordered a pop singer to change his lyrics after a college girl complained that male students teased her by singing the song when she passed by, a court official said on Tuesday.

You know, there are at least 28 songs with my real name in them... you think I could get away with harassing 28 different singers?

The court summoned the singer, Abrar-ul-Haq, last week after a girl called Parveen wrote to a newspaper saying she had stopped attending college in the eastern city of Lahore because of the harassment.

You know, in my day, if a guy harassed a woman over her name, she'd just give him a slap upside the head and that was that. [/grumpy old man mode] rolleyes.gif

Is it just me or has America's lawsuit happy ways infected other parts of the world?

Guest Agaib

unsure.gif

more weirdness...

Maybe it makes more sense in the context of the culture?

sometimes I wonder if I don't understand just because I don't really understand the way the culture works

think.gif

Gawd ... I don't even want to think of how many songs have Angela in them .... I think I've only heard two but I would never sue over it! I think it's awesome to hear a song that has your real name in it, unless it's a "I banged so-and-so on the top of her car" or something like that.

Of course, this didn't happen in the US. It happened in Pakistan. Not exactly a country known for its freedom of speech rights.

Not only that, but if a woman were to hit a man there, well, it wouldn't exactly go over well for for the woman.

Edited by prairiefire