Click Here!

Paradise From Purgatory by LakotaGirl review responses & discussion

Guest LakotaGirl

Guest LakotaGirl

Hi! This is a thread I've started to reply to all those reviews and provide general info on this story as well as give you a place to do the same. Once I've examined all the reviews I'll get hot on the responses, but I wanted to get this thread going in case you wanted to "talk amongst yourselves".

Guest LakotaGirl

Hey folks, here are the review responses I promised.

The development for this story is in the author's notes before the first chapter, but I'll repeat it here if you missed it.

"This is inspired by AFF author RodCocks secondary pairing in the story "The Dark Lord's Slut: Book One" which is a one chapter WIP. I liked the pairing of two main creature/character types a great deal and checked over and over for updates, but sadly, no additional chapters have been posted since March 2010. Therefore my imagination wandered and I began to think 'how would I tell a story about that sort of pairing?', sort of like what every TV show does at Christmas with Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" or Capra's "It's A Wonderful Life". Here's the link for where you can find the story that was my inspiration: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600101771

The characters in my story are my own, although there are only so many versions of humans on the planet so some similarities will naturally exist (short/tall/blonde/brunette) and the main character remains a young squire. I've made the mythical creature mentioned at the end of the inspirations one chapter the other main character. The initial settings and situations are similar (since a squire isn't likely to be on the moon) so it's inhabited by the same sorts of secondary characters. How one gets from point A to point B and where you go once you get there is also similar. In other words they ride horses in both stories so in both stories they end up in a stable once they arrive at their destination and the destination is the same since where else would a knight take his squire to be punished when he considers him a whore?

I'm not sure where RodCocks was going with their story although it appeared to be going in a somewhat darker direction than I went, but here is where I took the 'squire is seduced by an incubus, punished for his infidelity, and meets...' Well, wait and see who he meets. ~LakotaGirl"

I've had the outline for this story on my computer for a little while now. The idea of a Centaur and a squire appealed to me and I wrote the outline of where I wanted this story to go very quickly. My usual method of writing is to come up with an idea that I can summarize in one sentence, sort of like the story summaries on AFF. Then I develop an outline, which is basically a sentence or phrase to cover each major event that will take place from beginning to end.

For this story I came up with 28 major events. So far I've covered 12 events in the outline in 11 chapters. So I'm averaging one event per chapter, but some later ones may take up more than one chapter or more than one event may be combined into a single chapter like 2 have been already. I've got 14 major events to go. So, that's the mechanics of my process.

My other inspiration was Goliath, the beautiful black Friesian stallion that Rutge Hauer's disgraced Captain of the Guards, Navarre, rides in Ladyhawke. Such a gorgeous horse and an incredible movie. I love, love, love Ladyhawke. I owned it on VHS when it first came out then bought it on DVD as soon as I could too. I could watch that movie a million times and never get tired of it. I definitely want to to do a fanfiction someday featuring Navarre and Phillippe the Mouse (played by Matthew Broderick in the film). I always wanted to see them ditch Isabeau and ride off together. *sigh*

Sir Dubbin?? - Almost everyone has expressed their dislike for Sir Dubbin (which is good since he's one of my villains). Yes, he will definitely continue to be a problem for Ronan and Calum, but he will get his. Note the tags for the story... *hint, hint*

Adrik & Arturo?? - My outline had these two characters as just minor figures, but as I wrote they became more. However this isn't their story, it's Ronan and Cal's so other than another minor appearance, they're part is almost done. But I smell a side story developing after I've finished this one to tell how Adrik came to be with Arturo and what their relationship is really like.

To anxiouslyawaitingupdate who wondered if the legend Ronan reflects on is a factor, well, it is tagged MPreg... *hint, hint*. The story of Ronan's past (see Chapter 6 - Who Is Lord Ahearn) will have a major impact on he and Cal's future. Let's just say that Sir Dubbin is not the only villain in this tale.

To Gslinger, thank you... I think. Or maybe I'm sorry? As for Calum's ability to endure, there is a reason (besides the oil used on him) that he was able to endure his punishment then Ronan without copious amounts of blood being spilled. All shall be revealed...

Guest LakotaGirl

Hi all,

I have a whole list of story outlines (actually about 10 or 12 originals and a couple of fanfics) that I am dying to start on, but I won't until I finish these three or at least two of them. I don't want to be one of those writers that has 50 stories started that you have to wait forever to see updates on. It becomes too easy to just start new ones without ever finishing any of the old ones and I hate it when that happens.

I posted three more chapters today and have 9 more mapped out in my outline. Of the three stories I'm currently working on, this one will be the longest.

Once I'm done I'll probably start on the side story about Adrik and Arturo.

Guest LakotaGirl

Lots of folks have commented on why Cal & Ronan don't know or even suspect that Cal is pregnant.

The idea would never occur to Cal since he thinks he's just a normal human 17 year old male. As for Ronan, it was written in the ancient texts of his tribe that it was possible, but he'd never heard or seen it happen (a centaur mating with a supposed human male and having children) so it would not be something he would immediately think of when Cal seems sick. Plus neither had likely been intimately involved in the life of a pregnant female (they've probably seen them but don't know all the symptoms of pregnancy).

I love this story! I've been checking everyday hoping I'd find a new chapter but no luck! I even went so far as to 'rate' it with 5 +s like a 100 or so times, so you'd see it was really popular and would update it sooner. T-T Please update it soon! :S

Guest LakotaGirl

ATTENTION!!

If you're here I hope you're seeing this post which lets you know that I'm still writing, but have lost internet at home. I can access the AFF Forum from the public wi-fi I'm using, but AFF itself is an off-limits/blocked site. Hopefully very soon I will have my access back so I can add more chapters to my three stories.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.