Click Here!

Original Character Stories...NEED THEM!

Guest maiafay

Guest maiafay

Hey all,

I was just revising my resource tutorial on Original Character building...and noticed my section at the end really needs filling. So...

I'm looking for ANY OC driven story in ANY fandom that is well-written and more particularly--pushes the envelope on what some would consider a Mary Sue.

Now, for clarification, I don't WANT Mary Sues...(unless they are exceptionally written) but I want OC's that are related to canon characters, fall in love with canon characters, save the bloody day without raised eyebrows, etc.

All other OC's are welcome of course, but I just wanted to emphasis the few who push that boundary of the so-called Mary Sue based on the laundry list of what makes an OC an MS by default.

Here is the link... Original Character 101

It's the last chapter that has the links. Any archive (AFF, FF.net, LJ, etc.) is appreciated. The more diversity, the better. Thanks!

Guest Serenanna

I would like to submit for your approval an OC-driven fic I'm working on for the Naruto fandom called the Way of the Sword. While it does focus on another pairing, much of the plot of the fic is slowly building around the male OC ninja I made that's paired with a canon character that was never named in the manga. He's drop-dead gorgeous, mysterious, anti-social, and accepted (for the moment) despite his ability to perform a technique that's not in canon. He's also got one tragic past, and a lot of geek tendencies.

It is the continuation of another fic written by another author as well.

By all indications, this fic should not be working, but it is. And with the recent chapter, more praise has been put on this OC for being, well, interesting! He hasn't been called a Sue yet even if I can see why he would be if someone eventually did call him that.

It's very weird.

Anyway, I hope it helps.

Sere

Guest maiafay

Cool, I will definitely check it out and probably add it to the list. I see you have a moderate response...and that's always good. And I commend you for making your OC have those tendencies and still remain off the "Suedar."

Thanks for the rec!

• 2 months later...

:blush:Well, I just saw this post and i have an OC driven story in the Inuyasha fandom. Primal Scream is a fan fiction that introduced an OC I had started builiding in a roleplay room a few months prior. She became so popular I put her in the story just to see how well it would work out. Gypsy, who borderlines on being Mary Sue because my nickname is Gypsy, is ookami hanyou who was meant to hook up with Kouga as a sideshow. But the story took on a life of its own and she ended up with Inuyasha. She doesnt actually drive the plot but it wouldnt be the same without her... anyways, this story has matured her as a character so much that shes starring in her own novel soon!

Anyways the stories are Primal Scream and its sequel Shattered Glass (and its a crossover fic-- other characters from Naruto/Wolfs Rain/.hack/ and more to come!)

I saw this post and wanted submit my OC driven story from my Star Wars fic, Hearts of the Empire. The OC, Jordana, is a close friend of Anakin Skywalker and ends up falling in love with him. He'll eventually fall in love with her as well, which I guess puts her dargerously close to Mary Sue territory. The thing is that it takes many, many years and plot points before the relationship developes. Even though the story does focus on the relationship, it also has a plot as well.

It's posted at FF.net (link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2405115/1/). There's also a completed version here on AFF, but I decided to re-write it, so the one in the link will be the final version. There's also two planned sequels for it as well. biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...
I'm looking for ANY OC driven story in ANY fandom that is well-written and more particularly--pushes the envelope on what some would consider a Mary Sue.[/b]

I generally write OC fics and I'm surprised I haven't been accused of creating Mary Sue's.

Here's my latest and strangest work (I think):

http://xmen.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600090256

I'll warn you. It's long--novel length. I used it as a sort of laboratory to experiment with reader requests and some of my own ideas. Never knew there were so many die hard Toad fans out there. I learned a lot from writing it and letting my readers lead me down some interesting paths.

• 2 months later...

Well since I normally only write OC and in the Original section I have many stories, but I will give you the link to my main novel "Tender is the Night".

> http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600095567

However if you are looking for OC's in already established 'fandom's'

I do also have OC's in some Soprano's stories I wrote...

(Collections has many OC's in it)

> http://tv.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600005250

and I do have an OC/F-POV (first person Point of View) in the Harry Potter fandom with a female OC. (the Noble house of Malfoy)

> http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544213053

So far I've been lucky in that no one has accused me of any "Mary Sue's" or complained at all about any of my OC's. I have read many good works out here on AFF that have OC's in them (Both in Original stories and 'fandoms')

A little self advertising here, but i would like to submit my story, Divorce, Disaster and Denial. I have an original character in there, I think she's well written and not a Mary Sue. She's Lucius Malfoy's daugter, marries George Weasley. I tried to give a plausable reason as to why you haven't seen her before. I don't think that she's a Mary Sue and no one has told me that she's a Mary Sue. Check out my story, you might find it helpful.