Click Here!

disclaimers

I get that the Mods here are very specific on what they want to see as a disclaimer (to all the stories) down to the very last word or else your story will be hidden or deleted. I get that for the TV shows and stuff, but Original? I thought, writing an original story, you can make up your own disclaimer...I was wrong. I always hope my my stories to get reviews, but the only reviews I seem to get are the disclaimer is somehow wrong with the story. Why is that, when I write original, I can't make up my own disclaimer? It's my story anyways. I will make the changes, though.

I admit, I'm not a morning person and seeing my disclaimer notice was not the first thing I wanted to see.

That's because there is specific criteria for a disclaimer for an Original story. If you go up into FAQ it will explain exactly what is needed.

Original stories need the disclaimer for your own protection. By saying that it is fiction (if it's a fictional story), and that there are no resemblances to people alive or dead, you protect YOURSELF.

If you think about it, when you buy a book, it has a disclaimer. When you watch a movie, it has a disclaimer. When you watch a tv program, it has a disclaimer. The REASON all these different types of media are disclaimed, is to protect the participants from someone possibly taking offense in thinking it may be about them or someone they know.

Now, as it's a simple enough requirement, and we don't delete until we absolutely can't avoid it any more, why should there be an issue in fulfilling the requirement?

Original stories need the disclaimer for your own protection. By saying that it is fiction (if it's a fictional story), and that there are no resemblances to people alive or dead, you protect YOURSELF.

If you think about it, when you buy a book, it has a disclaimer. When you watch a movie, it has a disclaimer. When you watch a tv program, it has a disclaimer. The REASON all these different types of media are disclaimed, is to protect the participants from someone possibly taking offense in thinking it may be about them or someone they know.

Now, as it's a simple enough requirement, and we don't delete until we absolutely can't avoid it any more, why should there be an issue in fulfilling the requirement?

Not an issue anymore. I get it now.