Click Here!

Tell us about your pets.

Oishiichan

We have a thread about our kids I figured we should have one about pets too! I will go first.

I have an 11 year old, 12 pound, black and white tuxedo Manx that I got from a friend who was a kindergarten teacher, she would take the cat to school and it would hang out with the students, they named her Mrs. Kittie. When my friend gave birth to her 3rd daughter they found she was violently allergic to Mrs. Kittie. Now she was two years old and cuddly and sweet whenever I saw her so I took her in instead of making my friend take her to a shelter. Now this cat was born in Fort Bragg North Carolina, flown to Germany where she lived for four years, one year was with my friend before we moved there, then flown back to Fort Bragg once we came back to the states. She has always been an avid hunter of anything remotely resembling rodents, and even some things that weren't like raccoons.

Now that have a background on my pet I will now go into her antics:

She has always been able to open doors, any kind of door, be it a leaver knob or the regular turning knobs, her method of each type of door was different and always something to watch. Leaver knobs were easier for her because all she had to do was jump up hook her paw over it and then kick off backwards bringing the door with her. Round knobs were a challenge, as she couldn't hook her paws onto anything so she would have to stand on her hand legs and twist the knob with her paws, hold onto it then step backwards on her hind legs. We have learned if we don't her to go outside or follow us into the bathroom we lock the doors.

Now we love our Mrs. Kittie and have never stuck her in a kennel when we travel we take her with us, she has a body harness that is red with black trim, and pretty red leash to go with it. She hates traveling in cat carriers and prefers to roam about the car. We have learned how to keep her most content whilst traveling, her red wool kitty bed must be there, because that is her seat! A small little water tower, and a food dispenser that lets out a small amount of dry cat food when she nudges the button on the front. Her favorite part about traveling however is not the ride, it is the rest stops and all the places she gets to explore, and all the people who dote on her because she is such a well behaved kitty on her harness and leash, and so lovingly, purrily, affectionate toward any human willing to bask her with adoration.

Her second favorite part about traveling is the chance to go camping with the family. She is the tent/food table guard. Squirrels and chipmunks never bother our unattended table with her around, and whenever racoon's come along to try and chew holes in our tent, she is the first one up growling hissing and scaring them off, then sulking because we wont let her out to go catch them. I think she is unaware of the fact that a bear, wolf, coyote, or wild mountain cat would find her a tasty snack to bif around as a toy before munching on her happily.

Wow, she sounds like one lucky cat. smile.gif

Now me, I have what at first glance seems like a completely ridiculous amount of pets, but the truth is, I wasn't landed with them all at once, and the pack has grown bit by bit, and taking care of them is just another part of the daily routine.

The biggest and most noticeable one is the now 3,5 month old German shepherd puppy, Dusty, who is an absolutely lovable and cuddly little thing, despite the fact that her more energetic moments can be a little mentally exhausting for the owner. For some reason she has an appetite for shoes, so all footwear has to be placed somewhere she can't access, otherwise they end up soggy and chewn. tongue.gif

I also have four pet rabbits; two Netherland Dwarf bucks, a Holland lop buck and a Lionhead doe. They're all lovely bunnies, and the lop has even enjoyed moderate success in shows. However, his colour is a touch too uneven for him to make it real big, but I couldn't care less; they're all my precious pets and I love them equally, show material or no.

And since that wasn't enough, there's also the collection of ten hamsters. Winter whites, campbells, and syrians in both long and short hair.

The cage animals occupy their own room in my flat and go about their lives quietly.

Guest .:Deathbringer:.

Muffin - 12.5 pound 13 year old cat.

She's lazy... O_o She eats, sleeps and takes up space. She has her own couch to get her own stank hairs all over and she's a snobby, sonova...

Anyhow, she never bothers me unless she's hungry. And if I don't heed to her needs, she takes a crap and purposely doesn't cover it up just so if I'm busy, the smell would catch my attention. Her food just so happens to be next to the plastic bags I use to clean up her crap. Clever? I think not........

Temari - 4 month old Colombian Boa

Named her after my favorite Naruto character. XD She's pretty big for 4 months and she's such a sweet heart. I normally let her out my room and in the morning, she's coiled in the corner. I've had her since she was a wee little thing and so I've grown to luve her muchly. X3

Sei - 1 year old panda colored ferret

Named after my fave babe on Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel). She's wild, crazy and so loveable. When I write fanfiction, she's normally sleeping on my shoulder or tucked right under my arm since I lie on the floor when I type. She likes to swing on this swing set I made on the underside of my desk. Her favorite toy is a stuffed ferret... XD

Ein - 3 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

Named after who else, Ein the Data Dog of Cowboy Bebop! XD He's usually found roaming the house or on his pillow in the corner of the living room. Who needs a plushie when my dog looks exactly like Ein. XDDD But yea, he's a sweety and he knows when its time for his walkies cause he pushes the leash along the carpet with his nose and circles it 3 times, then sits next to it, cocking his head to the side until I notice him... XD

Sadly I lost all three of my Norwegian Notched Rats a little while back, but let me tell you, they had to be the best and smartest pets I've ever had. They could swim around the bath tub, walk a tight rope, snuggle, sit on my shoulders with their ferret harnesses and leashes, and they never bit anyone (except my ex-husband - but everything wants to bite him)

I still have my little man though. Shamus is a 2 year old miniature Dachshund, red in color, and a complete guard dog. He made the pit bull across the street retreat the other day, but I don't think it was because she was scared - I think she was laughing too hard to even think about attacking. He has a girlfriend too. My mother has a 14 year old mutt, Poopie Bear (Don't ask - I never did - I was afraid too) that he loves to distraction and even though he's fixed he still tries to consummate his love for her every chance he gets. If he can't get a hold of Poopie Bear my youngest daughter's huge stuffed frog will do. It's really funny to watch him snuggle under it, grab it by the leg with his teeth and take off with it flopping around on his back down the hall. The damn thing is about 4 times his size. My daughter's given up trying to keep it away from him.

My girls have a long hair black and white tuxedo cat that they've appropriately named Munchkin. She stopped growing when she was about 6 months old, so she's pretty small. She's also a pain in the ass.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.