Click Here!

Missing text editing screen from Author tools, unable to edit chapters

Guest Lei

Hiya, just wondering if this is a sitewide error or just something weird on my account ...

My text edit interface is suddenly gone in my Author tools tab. The screen now looks like the old interface did back when we could enter html coding, with just a chapter title box and a blank box below it for the chapter text. Basically all I can do is upload either plain text or an html file (html only if I use Add New Chapter). But when I use the html option the chapter uploads to the site but the formatting doesn't work ... and then even afterwards when I go back to Author tools and click EDIT, the text box remains completely blank (doesn't show current chapter), meaning I can't edit the chapter at all once it's up. The problem just started I actually was uploading several hours ago and the text editor showed up fine but the script was running INCREDIBLY slow. So I restarted my comp and once I re-opened AFF, the text edit tab was gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

- Lei

In case it's necessary:

Account page on the archive -> naruto.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296878440

Author name: Leilita

This was done a few months ago. Now, you cannot upload html direct in to the db. The ONLY file uploads allowed are plain text. Otherwise, you need to use the rich text edit.

Instructions here

Ah so that's what it's called! Lol *was wondering how to word my post when I wrote it* The issue is actually that my RTE (rich text edit) is what's missing. I'm familiar with the change and I've been using it without a problem for months but then last night all of a sudden it was just inexplicably gone, the RTE that is. For what it's worth the forum's RTE seems to be working for me just fine ... I really don't even know where to begin wondering what happened to my one over on the archive ... especially if no one else is having the same problem, which is what I'm assuming ... It just vanished when I restarted my computer last night and prior to that the script was running really slow. Any idea what the issue could be? I'm running Safari btw.

First thing I'd do is clear cookie strings. Sounds like you may have a corrupted string in Safari. Let me know how that goes

I cleared out the cookies related to AFF and it worked beautifully! Thank you so much for your help!

-Lei

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.