Click Here!

Unable to Load New Story

Please help! I am trying to upload a story from word using copy/paste. Everything is fine until I paste, and then I keep getting a popup saying that there is a script causing an error on the page, and would I like to stop running the script? If I don't stop running the script, the page could stop responding.

Well, whether I click yes or no, nothing seems to matter. I am unable to do ANYTHING because this popup KEEPS coming up. How can I load my story if I can't get past this script error?

Please, HELP ME!

Thank you.

Alright, I FINALLY managed to get the story uploaded, though I am still not quite sure how I got that popup regarding the script error to stop. But now I can't properly edit the summary/warnings. I managed to edit the summary, but now some of the warnings are missing. Could an Administrator please help me?

Thank you.

First question for you is what browser are you using? Secondly, is your java up to date? To add more codes to the story summary, you have to manually add them to the end of the summary (by editing the story, not the chapter). Use this list, as it shows all the tags and what they mean.

I use Internet Explorer 8, yes, my Java and Flash are up to date.

What codes? I copied and pasted and there was no place to put codes of any type. It wouldn't let me upload my Word doc which is why I had to copy and paste. And after I pasted is when I kept getting the popup script error. And I only get that error on this site. Also, I'm not understanding what you mean by editing the story vs. the chapter. When I tried to edit, there was only a couple of choices. Editing the title/disclaimer/etc. and editing the story. That was it. No other choices.

Edited by Satai Delenn

With this editor, you have to use the "paste from word" option. It will then parse all the extra stuff out of the word doc (and there is a lot), while preserving your format.

When editing the story codes, when you add the codes to begin with they're added to the end of the summary. So, to add/edit story codes, you select "edit story" and then add the needed codes/tags to the end of the line in the summary field.

OK, but again, what codes? I didn't have any codes in the story. I just copied and pasted.

Also, just wanted to note that I FINALLY figured out how to edit to add the warnings into the story at the top of the chapter since it won't let me edit the original warnings in the "summary" section.

I also just wanted to apologize regarding the other thread. It was not my intention to appear THAT impatient regarding an answer. I merely thought that that issue was separate from this issue and therefore should be discussed separately, and I honestly believed (and still do believe) that the script error issue is a bug. I fully understand that you and the other Moderators and Admins have lives outside of here, so I did not expect an answer within five minutes or even within an hour.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Edited by Satai Delenn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alonia187

You have to use the "paste from clipboard" window if you're copying from another site. Should still retain your formatting.

"Clip board"? what is that? Sorry but confused on this.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.