Click Here!

Melt My Heart to Stone

writeaddict

Review Responses for Prologue:

Pupette: Thank you, I guess I do plan to now. It's not really about the writing, it's about the subject matter. As I put in the A/N it gets quite brutal and doesn't really get better any time soon. You'll see what I mean by the third chapter but since you guys asked I'll continue posting it.

Will Treaty: Thanks. I have so many I'm just sitting on so I though why not with this story after I read another one that was a bit similar. August is a man, just a human, you see a bit more of him explained in this chapter. Our main's name gets revealed in this chapter too. The rest of your questions will get answered as we go along but I will tell you that the person he made the deal to save is his younger twin sister. Will he have a happy ending? As happy as his ending CAN be I suppose, but overall not so much. Bitter Sweet is up as promised.

dazedandconfused: All will be answered as the story progresses. I will tell you that August isn't a demon though, just a very powerful man. LOL. Loved that haunting my dreams bit, very original.

Bella: Thank you. And you should be worried, it won't be pleasant at first. You find out his name this chapter and yes his counterpart's name is August. August isn't actually a demon, he's just been called that by people that have seen him in action. You get to see how he looks soon.

L.S.: Nothing but truth there, it really won't be pleasant. That's all I can ask so thank you.

preciouslittlehope: LOL. Okay. His ending will be as happy as it can be. I've obliged, you guys get to see the next chapter.

kirjava01: As you guys wish it.

snowleopard: Okay but you all have been warned. I don't even know how I came up with this in my head.

foxyval: LOL. Alright.

CelticThunderFan: Thanks, dear. All has been updated as promised.

Edited by writeaddict

• 3 weeks later...

Review Responses for Chapter 1:

preciouslittlehope: Nice to know this is one of your favourite stories, hopefully it stays that way. Mischka will be a very good friend to Xander and help him a lot. Thank you, I just knew it was his name when the idea for this story came to me. Oh yeah, Xander gets into a lot of trouble as seen in this chapter. It's not so much his curiosity, it's more his disobedience. You seem to like most of my choices in names. No cameras though. August wouldn't like the idea of someone invading his privacy and watching him at any time. As to your questions about Mischka-those will be answered soon next chapter.

CelticThunderFan: He is. Mischka will be very important in the future, if things go as planned. Xander is about to find out just how hardcore August is, it isn't going to be a mistake he accidentally makes again.

dazedandconfused: August does sort of test Xander but not because he wants an excuse-he doesn't need one since Xander is his. But you are right, Mischka will be taking care of his injuries next chapter.

Will Treaty: Mischka is silent and faceless, he does whatever August wants/needs him to do. Xander didn't forget but he didn't expect him to pick him up like that and was sort of hoping that nothing would happen. August will provide everything he needs for him so Xander doesn't have to. And no, Xander doesn't realize the full repercussions of the deal he makes with August at first. When August is done training him he sends him back to school with his sister.

Bella: Xander doesn't lose his phone. And here we have the result of the confrontation(in this chapter). August is...feared- with very good reason. August is in charge and he makes sure everyone knows it. Xander's sister wasn't August's lover but she is his right hand man's lover.

snowleopard: You've actually got it the other way around: August melts Xander's heart to stone, though I suppose it works a bit the way you said it too.

amandagrayson: Well you haven't missed too much- anything at all really since you found it. Xander does a little bit but August is a caring person it's just a matter of finding the caring and it being a good caring. It isn't good for Xander but he survives. Thank you.

Edited by writeaddict

So thank you guys for reviewing, it's nice to know that I still have your support when this story isn't so nice for Xander. I loved reading what you guys had to say and hope you continue to review.

eleeland: Thank you, I plan to continue.

kylee: Hmmm. What you've got to remember is that Xander is still a teen in school that's prone to boredom and defiance (though you don't know that yet since you don't know his age but he is a high-schooler). He waited for over an hour doing nothing so he fell prey to what most kids do when their bored- curiosity. Xander doesn't quite understand the entirety of his agreement with August till a bit after his first time. Yeah he wants to save his sister but he doesn't realize what it entails and he also doesn't quite believe that August is as bad as the rumors- he learns. Am I making sense? If not what would you suggest I do to fix the discrepancy a bit more?

CelticThunderFan: I'm happy you reviewed, you don't need to sign in to do that. Yep, six nieces and nephews(the total of them all), and don't even get me started on the godchildren- they've all either been that age or will be eventually. LOL. Xander's wasn't all that smart in provoking him but he'll learn to pick his battles. He won't quite lose his spunk but it will be curbed. I'll try keeping steady updates for both Bitter Sweet and Melt My Heart to Stone. Thank you, I'm glad you still like this story even though things have been a little hard on Xander.

Will Treaty: Yeah, it was up a bit later than I wanted but life doesn't exactly give you all the time you want to write. Hmm, would August have went easier on him? Maybe. Though there is a reason he did what he did, besides Xander being rude, that will come up later. Thank you.

amandagrayson: Likewise, I've taken to copying the reviews just in case. But I'm glad you stuck through it and reviewed anyway. August is a sad man, you'll see more of it as we get into the story but there is a reason that he is the way he is and even though he's sort of evil he keeps things in order and people safe. Xander wandered through the house, August lives in a huge mansion- it's not that he got lost, more that it's that big. You're welcome.

Review Responses for Chapter 3:

Roya: Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm honestly not sure how my mind came up with this one. Xander's ending isn't really happy or sad, it's sort of neutral. There may be a sequel where he gets a happy ending but this one ends on a neutral note. You're very welcome.

CelticThunderFan: Mischka will end up being one of his allies. August does have reasons why he is the way he is that will come up soon though. Yep, Xander does have red eyes and black hair, there's a specific reason for that too. Nope, he doesn't get too injured besides a sore hand. And the punishment isn't too bad as August has already made his point, I think. BS is now up too, sorry about the lateness. I haven't started a mailing list though because only a few people have asked for it, should more ask I likely will. Thank you, it's quite a contrast to bitter sweet and here I promised myself no more angsty stories and yet I posted this.

eleeland: Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

grmblfjx: Firstly, I'd like to say 'ouch'. Next, I'd like to say 'thank you'. Constructive criticism is a very much appreciated.

Thank you for the compliment. Funnily enough Bitter Sweet is a rewrite, I did it years ago and decided to post it now but figured some- okay, a lot- of reworking was in order. My view of it had changed and I wanted to add different things to it so I rewrote it. Perhaps I should have done that with Melt my Heart to Stone too since it's also a couple of years old.

That bad, huh? I think I got trapped in the 'I wrote it so I don't see my mistakes' cycle, everything you're describing that I did wrong is sort of horrifying . The good news is that I plan on rewriting it, when I'm done it'll be more realistic- or at least I hope it will be. I'll give you an email when I'm done and you can tell me if I'm on the right track.

I do plan to focus on Bitter Sweet while I'm overhauling this story so I think I'll finish it or get a good majority of Bitter Sweet done before giving this one another go. I'm very complimented that you think highly of Bitter Sweet, it seems that I'm doing exactly what I aim to do with that one. I'm very fond of words so I'm happy that you're pleased with the ones in Bitter Sweet.

Roya: To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm going to rework MMHTS(this story) and repost it at a later date. It's been pointed out to me that this is bad and I'm going to try and fix that and hope that I don't make it worse. I'm pleased that you miss it so maybe I'll put up the first chapter of the new version or something but I want to get Bitter Sweet done or mostly done first and that might take a while; I think the updates for it(BS) are going to get slower so this might be even longer than expected.

Edited by writeaddict

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.