Click Here!

Adult hosting?

CloverReef

If this is the wrong category for this post, sorry mods!

I'm sure a lot of people on here have used free (and paid) web hosting to post all their stories, right? Of course AFF is a great place to archive stories. Unfortunately I have a lot of dead stories I'd like to put up somewhere for my own personal easy access without frustrating readers with a mass story uploads of a bunch of bits and pieces of stories that will never be finished. I'm not that cruel. So I used to have a simple personal archive website up with 50webs, but that got hacked or they didn't like my content (never told me which), so I'm back in the market.

Do any of you use free hosting and could recommend one that accepts adult content? I'm not interested in a blog or journal site. Not enough control, and I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my site.

It's not a host in the way you mean it, but if you don't find anything better - You could get a collectors account on asstr.org if you have authors permission to post their stories, or an authors account if they're all your own. There's lots of incomplete stuff on asstr with it starting as a store for the alt.sex.stories uploads (the .moderated ones tend to be in better condition), and as it's ftp/directory based you could make subfolders for incomplete/complete etc. Won't be flooding anybody with those uploads.

The author section app info is here - asstr.org/accountinfo.html

...I kinda miss my old geocities page. It started out with a long assed url, then when yahoo took it over you could use your yahoo username instead, and text pages didn't overload the tiny hourly download limit either! eh.

It's not a host in the way you mean it, but if you don't find anything better - You could get a collectors account on asstr.org if you have authors permission to post their stories, or an authors account if they're all your own. There's lots of incomplete stuff on asstr with it starting as a store for the alt.sex.stories uploads (the .moderated ones tend to be in better condition), and as it's ftp/directory based you could make subfolders for incomplete/complete etc. Won't be flooding anybody with those uploads.

The author section app info is here - asstr.org/accountinfo.html

...I kinda miss my old geocities page. It started out with a long assed url, then when yahoo took it over you could use your yahoo username instead, and text pages didn't overload the tiny hourly download limit either! eh.

Thanks, I'll check it out. And yes, they're definitely all my stories.

And LOL, I used to have a geocities site too, ages ago. Before I taught myself HTML and CSS, so I used their pagebuilder. Ahh sometimes I miss that tacky!Fansite...

Edited by CloverReef

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.