Click Here!

Uploading text

Guest Liule

Guest Liule

Hi!

As the description says, I'd very much like to know how to turn that very very irritating auto-paragraphing feature OFF :(

I left FF.net because it butchered my chapters and I almost cried seeing it here. Some of us strongly dislikes having our hard work slaughtered by a program we didn't ask for and I for one, am one of them. It takes me thrice the time to post things now because I have to edit the damage caused by this annoying feature and sadly, it has made this amazing site slip down quite a few pinholes. If authors want a new line for every comment, then we'll write it that way.

Please tell me how to turn that thing off, or if there's another way to post, without having to buy a bunch of expensive software, because I'm fairly certain that a lot of people will leave AFF because of the mess that this update to the site has caused.

Sincerely

Liule

First of all, what does auto paragraphing have to do with uploading text?

Second, what program are you copying FROM?

Third, have you looked at the FAQ for how to add a chapter, which show, IN DEPTH, the different function for the rich text editor?

Thank you for answering!

When I copy from Word and paste it into the text area this auto-paragrahing feature automatically puts a new line in wherever I've pressed "enter" :/ Which in turn makes the text three times longer than it's supposed to be. I'm aware of that I haven't posted on AFF in a while but I have used this kind of editor before. I can admit that it makes a few things easier, like putting in bolds and italics, but when it comes to the paragraphs, they've all had this auto-correct in common. I have read the FAQ and I can't find anywhere how to turn that particular edit off. Because although I do like using the rich text editor, I would very much like to keep the text the way I wrote it.

Well, that's actually a function in any word processor. Unless you set it up differently, a carriage return (enter) is an automatic paragraph. If you DON'T want that, use ctrl+enter instead, and that should fix it. Since you're copying from Word, be certain to use the "Paste from Word" function, so that it copies correctly from the clipboard.

Well, that's actually a function in any word processor. Unless you set it up differently, a carriage return (enter) is an automatic paragraph. If you DON'T want that, use ctrl+enter instead, and that should fix it. Since you're copying from Word, be certain to use the "Paste from Word" function, so that it copies correctly from the clipboard.

Thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it! :lol:

Now it's a lot easier!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.