Click Here!

Infant Car Seats Fail Consumer Tests....

Guest Adara

Story Here

I was shocked when I read through this and watched the video. After all, we all think that these highly expensive seats will keep our babies safe.

Luckily, I'd actually received the Graco SnugRide car seat for my little girl. I will certainly be avoiding the others. pinch.gifdry.gif

Yeah, I tripped out when I saw the video. I think I physically cringed. My husband was about as disturbed as I. I'm glad I came upon this one. After all, I'm expectin' again.... I wouldn't want to be caught owning one of those that failed. pinch.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to break it to you, but there was a flaw in the testing.

There was a story just aired on the news where the test speed of 38 MPH was actually 76 MPH (about double the speed.) The US NTSB conducted its own tests at 38 MPH, and the seats passed. Consumer Reports outsourced this test to an independent lab which did not follow instructions exactly. They are in the process of investigating this now.

I hate to break it to you, but there was a flaw in the testing.

There was a story just aired on the news where the test speed of 38 MPH was actually 76 MPH (about double the speed.) The US NTSB conducted its own tests at 38 MPH, and the seats passed. Consumer Reports outsourced this test to an independent lab which did not follow instructions exactly. They are in the process of investigating this now.

Does that really matter?? Its the safety of small children we're talking about here, so I'd really rather be safe than sorry.

I don't care honestly. If the test still did THAT at 76mph, there' still something wrong with the seat.

Highway speeds in the US are 60mph, that means that if a child was being carried around in one of those carseats in the freeway, they'd be dead.

I think as Dazzle does. It's better to be safe than sorry.