Click Here!

Betas wanted for LONG stories

Lynn Stardragon

Long story short, I'm looking for more than one beta/proof-reader/editor, because everyone has real lives, and not everyone will have all the strong points I need.

I'm looking for the following qualities: Fluent understanding of the English Language, both spelling and grammar. Ability to troubleshoot for 'bad plot', 'plot holes', and picking up any other lapses in my judgement, such as characters randomly going out of character. If you see something you think is wrong, don't be afraid to question me, basically. Also, knowledge of what makes for a good critique, as that goes hand in hand in calling me on random style shifts I'm trying to avoid.

NO ONE needs all of the above, just any of the above. I'm very lax in turnaround, and I'll be working via email/gmail if I can help it. Lets face it, I have a life outside the internet too. Again, I'm looking for more than one beta to help share the work, and it's best if you know the fandoms I write for.

The fandoms I need betas for at the moment are. . .

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy VII (7)

I might need a beta for Axis Powers Hetalia in the future, but not just yet.

In the Case of Kingdom Hearts

I have one multi-chapter, ongoing fic, which can be found here [http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600081173]. It's Riku-centric, not exactly dark and hopeless, but it's not fun for Riku. There's mental and sexual abuse on his part from Ansem, which is the major pairing for the story. Other pairings include Xemnas and Saix, Axel and Roxas, past Zexion and Demyx, implied past Zexion/Demyx/Lexaeus, Xigbar and Xaldin, one-sided Demyx/Xigbar, one-sided Demyx/Luxord and Sora/Riku/Kairi at the end. I might have missed some. There will also, hopefully, be mentioned/hinted at/implied female x female relationships as well as heterosexual ones. But for now, there's only incredibly graphic slash. And there's mild swearing. Oh, and Riku is 16 at the start of this, as the story runs parallel to 'KH: 358/2 Days' and 'KHII (2)'. So, yes, underaged, but 17 by the end of things, and with Sora and Kairi.

Also, because the story was started before all of the games game out (Days and BbS), it's technically AU, or as I like to call it, 'Alter-Canon'. But yes, there will be times I either ignore or abuse canon--hence why I need someone who knows the series.

Oh, and no Disney slash. I don't write anything graphic involving the Disney characters. Ever. They can have their canon pairings carry on in the background. Example, King Mickey and Queen Minnie are happily married, and the readers don't need to see how happy.

This story is the first in a series of either 3 or 4 stories. And all of them will be extremely long and detailed, though there will most likely be a sharp drop off of sexual content, and a shift away from the erotic to more of the general/adventure categories. I'd love you for the long haul, but I understand that life gets in the way.

In the Case of FF7

Right now, I only have two unrelated one-shots, one for the original game [http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600082812], and one set before the start of 'FF7: Crisis Core' [http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600082562]. I plan on writing another one-shot sequel to the CC one, and then another multi-chapter AU fic after that. I also plan on writing a multi-chapter Time-Travel story that is unrelated to the two.

Yes, I know Time-Travel has been done and done to death in FF7 fandom. But the plan is to do something completely different.

The only warnings I have for the current ones shots are: Male-sex and violence for the FF7 one (Sephiroth/Puppet!Cloud), with a touch of mind-control, and Drunken-male-sex for the Pre-Crisis Core one (Genesis/Sephiroth). Maybe a bit of swearing in both, but mostly in the FF7 one.

For the stories to come, there will be more slash, Sephiroth with mostly Angeal and Genesis in all fics, but also with Cloud in the AU fic. As most of them are still in the planning stages, I have no idea what else to warn for. Other than possibly Zack flirting with everyone and everything.

If you read through all that and are still interested . . .

You can respond in this thread, or email me at 'HappyDragon411@yahoo.com' (preferred), or even gmail 'lynnstardragon@gmail.com'. And if you have an account here, PMs work fine too. In all cases, just let me know where your talents are, and which fandom(s) you are best with.

I'll do my best to answer any and all questions you have for me.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, I hope to hear from some of you soon. Ideally, at least three people for each fandom, but four to six for each couldn't hurt.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.