Click Here!

HTML text suddenly changed in published stories

Guest Arcadia

Guest Arcadia

Hello. I am experiencing an issue today which I have never seen before and does not appear to be affecting all of my stories but most of them are. Stories that I previously posted and were formatted correctly visually are all of a sudden visible as their HTML components, not just the text. So when I click on a link to view my story it now says "style=font-size10.0pt" etc in the actual body of the fanfic. These are stories which were published weeks or even months ago and before today they never appeared this way and I have made no changes to them. It appears to be something on the back-end of the website which suddenly changed the way my HTML-uploaded fanfics are viewed.

Going by what you're describing, I can already tell your html uploads were generated by Word. To fix this, you edit the story, select edit chapter, open the chapter in the editor, and then click edit chapter. This strips out all the extra garbage word inserts and fixes the problem. You may need to wait a minute or two while the cleaner function does it's job, depending upon your chapter length. Do this for each chapter of the affected story.

As you can see, there's actually no real editing involved, just opening up the chapter and resaving it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.