Click Here!

Final Fantasy III DS

Guest Big Samurai

Guest Big Samurai

There seems to be no shortage of new Final Fantasy releases as of late, and FF3DS is one of the most unusual, as it is the only game in the series that has not reached the shores of North America ... until now. Formerly a NES title and the home of the very first Job System, the game has been reincarnated in true 3-D with a rearranged soundtrack and four real main characters instead of the four nameless, faceless Onion Kids from the original version. The fact that it is on the DS makes it the first Final Fantasy for that mighty handheld.

Do not think that FF3DS is a walk in the park, though. The game is pretty, yes, but the 64-bit face conceals a soul that is very much 8-bit. The difficulty borders on the ball-breaking in spots, and those who are used to the FF5A Job System will be thrown for a loop by how different the original is. There are classes that become fully obsolete, as well as classes that are basically useless from the get-go, and there is no mixing and matching of abilities.

The story is also a little thin, but, at the same time, many things that we now take for granted in the FF series have their origins in FF3, and it is neat to see how they first appeared. Right now, the game is not getting a lot of press, but that does not mean it should be overlooked. Go ahead. If you have a DS and a lot of patience, it is most certainly worth your time.

cool.gif

I was ready to disregard this along with all the other FF things that are coming out, but upon learning this was an actually remake rather than another port I have been convinced into buying it.

Currently waiting for my import copy to arrive, and I'm looking forward to playing another difficult FF game at last.

• 4 months later...

Speaking pof difficult, I'm stuck... and I hate grinding....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.