Click Here!

Long term beta needed for writer with poor grammer and spelling

BoredStraight

Hello all!!

So like the title says I'm interested in a long term beta, what I really want is just a friend who is willing to read through my stories and fix all the grammer and spelling mistakes (and I'm sure theres prob a lot of them). I'm also looking for someone to give me a really honest opinion about my work, I'm tough I can take it, and I believe the only way to improve is to learn from my mistakes, but how can I learn when I don't know what those are. From reading other's posts about being a beta I gather that their number one complaint is authors who don't listen, or ignore their advice. I am willing to listen to all and any suggestions. Hell I would be willing to do a total rewrite if thats what was needed.

Also I have a full time job and go to school on top of that, so I fully understand how real life can get in the way of what we'd rather be doing, so you'll hear no complaints from me about how long its taking to get my story back.

On aff.net I have one story which is complete but I haven't uploaded it all yet, and also a one shot, both are in desperate need of another critcal eye. Both are about the TV show Supernatural, but I don't really think I need someone who watches the show as much as I do (if you do thats even better!) because I could just give you some short backround info so you know why certain things are happening. In both stories the pairings are het.

In the future I plan to upload more of my original writings, and not so many fan fics. I'm in the process of starting a fantasy book, and I'm currently building the world for that. So anyone whose into worldbuilding would be a major plus. In addition to that I'm writing some original F/F oneshots which I've never done before so I also need advice about that.

I hope all this made sense to someone other than me! And thanks for taking the time to read it all. My penname on aff.net is the same BoredStraight, you can see my stories by clicking the link under my name here, and you can contact me by posting here, pm me, or email me at almostboredstraight@yahoo.com. Thanks again!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.