Click Here!

Uh... Does This Count As A Warning Sign?

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

So far, two fanfiction websites I've posted on have shut down. The first was Accio Slash, a Harry Potter slash (mainly H/D) fanfic site that allowed all ratings. I went to the site one day and it was gone. Just today, the same happened when I tried to go to Freedom of Speech fanfiction. The site was simply gone. No warning, no mass email, nothing. Just gone.

What the hell is going on? Are the sites being forced to shut down or is it just a coincidence? Thoughts? Fact? Opinions?

Guest lightgoddess

I think it was simply rude webmasters/mistresses. One of my favorite HP slash sites is switching hands right now and the webmistresses thought they were going to have to shut the site down. Did either of these sites have yahoo groups or anything? Maybe they posted the stuff there?

Guest TrekQueen

Freedom of Speech had some sort of freaky deaky server problem similar a la AFF. There's a yahoo group the owner posts updates on when such things happen.

Freedom of Speech had some sort of freaky deaky server problem similar a la AFF. There's a yahoo group the owner posts updates on when such things happen.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest suzanne_2006

There are sites that actually list all sorts of adult sites, fanfics included.

I clicked on at least 30 of them, but got a variety of messages as to

why I couldn't get in. It seems like there were many of them out there,

but either they lacked support or the law intervened.

blink.gif

I guess that hex I placed on one of the more obnoxious patrons of FOS worked a little too well. Whoops!

I bounced off their rowen shield and hit me.

I am now a newt. A NEWT.

BASTARD!

Our tech geek built our business' server, attaching 4 other computers to it, plus one other for internet use only. It was the price of a good used vehicle. (I recently paid about 6000 for one) Then the server program was 1/2 again the cost of the system. The new software hadn't been used by anyone except the mill, so we had to consult with the mighty computer geek from the mill, (we put a really nice wood stove in for him) No one in town knew how to get the glitches out (like locking everyone out every morning)

It took a half a year (I swear, this was frickin ridiculous, I even had a dream about it) Office Mess (If you've read it already, give it a skip, it's a one-shot.) I am so happy with the screens, though, and the keyboards are really light (I prefer them with some solidity) But man, what a rigamarole. I don't even want to know about band-width.

I just want to put it to work so that it pays for itself. If everyone here donated a dollar, I'm sure I'd be 1/5 of the way paying for it! I'm so surprised when people are surprised when sites go down. The cost is ludicrous, and one virus, and you're out! (Remember that one that emailed everyone on your address book? and saturated the servers, crashing systems everywhere? Ah, those were teh days!)