Click Here!

Link directing to non existent subdomain

FairySlayer

I'm also thinking about removing the tags F/F, M/M, and etc as THOSE are subcategories now, so it makes the tags unnecessary.

As I was checking this thread just now I noticed the above idea. At least in the cartoon section of The Archive I've seen only a few shows listed with those subcategories; even in those cases they usually have only one or the other option. Also, when looking for stories I personally like to see all at once since any of the three couples options could strike my fancy — but I truly understand that there are many constraints and other considerations in maintaining The Archive.

Worst case though, I can always save room in my description text limit to add the tags myself. Plus, in many cases, authors note types or even actual pairings in their notes at the start of the first chapter anyway.

Just my 2¢. :)

(By the way, the Subcategory Help link is broken. I looked at your author page to see if I could find a new link, but admittedly I looked in only five or six sections.)

Where did you find that link? That's a subdomain that hasn't existed for over 3 years.

Under the Author Panel -> Add story it shows up to the right of the "-Choose SubCategory-" drop-down menu. Now that I poke around, I'm guessing that it's supposed to go to the forum thread "Subcategories" under "Please Read! -> Archive FAQs" post (which makes my head spin a bit , but I'm guessing it's really targeted more for the anime+ authors).

To make sure, I went into the panel from Cartoons, Anime and Naruto too and the links are the same. (And wow! So many subdomains/subcategories!)

The Category Help link next to the "-Choose Category-" box goes to the right place though.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.