Click Here!

Site News: 9/18/10

DemonGoddess

Apollo's Return

Those of you who've been with the site since 2005 and before, no doubt remember Apollo. She has returned, in an active capacity. So there is no misunderstanding, APOLLO is the site owner.

Transitory Period

We've secured the entirety of the site, including the admin@ email, which hasn't been read for at least two years. Apollo has also secured access to the AFF store.

In the interim, while there is still transition, please consider the admin@ email as inactive. She is steadily going through all that mail. TWO YEARS WORTH. I'm sure it will be easier on Apollo if that mail box is left alone until she's got it all sorted out.

Thank you for your patience during this time.

Donations

Once again, I wanted to thank each and every one of you who have so generously donated. You've made it possible for us to get things pretty well caught up.

There are a couple people who donated direct to Nexcess, on 9/14 and 9/15. If either of you would like to be linked to in the public supporters page, please contact me at this email address: afforums@gmail.com. I'm using this post for this purpose, as I get no details in the account other than amount and real name associated with the amount, so have no way to contact you.

Forum guest posting

For some reason, when I did the last upgrade which was to fix a potential security breach, it seems to have mucked up the recaptcha for that in the forum. I've submitted a support ticket, and am hoping to have this resolved this week. In the meantime, guests can still view where it's set up, but are unable to post due to the recaptcha not working correctly. This only affects forum guest posting, nothing else where recaptcha is used.

Advertiser Subweb

I've reworked most of this area of the site. There are still a few minor changes to be made, which I expect to have done within the week.

There is now a payment options page, where the advertiser can select what they want to do, exactly, and click a button. On this page is a subscription option, for those who prefer to set up a recurring payment. The one time only payment option is still there, of course. The one time pay option is set up for both monthly and annual transactions.

--

Please remember that this site is free to use. As such, the authors receive nothing for their efforts, except reviews. Do let

them know that you read their stories, please! I'm sure they'll appreciate hearing from you!

:rofl: Great Job! Thanks for making it user friendly, and a safer site for both writers and advertisers; something long needed. It's a shame the mail was neglected. *sends positive vibes to all AFF staff* B)

@Constantine14 (from query left in games subdomain)

Eventually, yes, we will have a budgetable income with advertising. Unfortunately, the accounting end of all this has been done haphazardly at BEST for the past several years. Not to mention lack of follow through and other things which make it so that one CAN count on x amount of dollars a month in that form of income.

If you followed the link to this topic, you'd see WHY I brought up donations this news post (was thanking two people). Also, if you click this link, you'll see current status of need. As you can see there, I do indicate there is no need at this time, with projected ad renewals I expect this month.