Click Here!

Glitched Chapter when editing.

WillowDarkling

Hey, guys.

I have a problem with one chapter in my story. I was editing the whole story (a little thing in the AN) and discovered that I cannot pull up chapter 14.

All that comes up is a number in the text field, and it appears that the entire chapter uploaded in the "Chapter title" field.

Unfortunately I'm a complete computeretard and utterly tech illiterate, so asking me if I'm doing html something or other will only draw up an image of a highly evolved chimp scratching his head.

So, I hope you'll forgive me for explaining this in layman's terms.

First here is the link to the story: Lifelessly.A true story the problem is chapter 14 > ch. 14

When I upload a new chapter I just copy/paste from a word document into the text area. I always use that format when I upload a story.

But this one chapter seems to have uploaded entirely into the "Chapter Title" box, and all that shows in the text area when I try to edit is this number:

But looking at this chapter from the archive it comes up perfectly normal.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm afraid to mess with it too much, because I might mess it up worse.

And if anyone can help you must be able to explain the problem like your talking to a five year old. I just don't understand computers.

Thank you,

Willow Darkling.

I just checked in the table and looked at the record. What's in the text area, is the text you inserted. The title field only contains the title. The number you referenced is the story ID number.

I think what may be happening is that by using the '#' symbol in your title, it may be confusing the script. So what I did is removed that from each chapter title.

See if that helps.

Oh, wow........

I feel the need to bow to your genius... I never would have figured that out.

Thank you so much. The chapter comes up without a hitch now, and everything is as it should be.

Thank you for the speedy response. And I'll remember, no more hash marks (#) in chapter titles.

Sincerely, Willow Darkling.

I need to remember one of these years to put up something referencing disallowed characters and where it applies. As it applies to login names, chapter titles and very likely story names. I don't think I remember it affecting anything else, but will have to look through my notes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.