Click Here!

Oh God Why?!

Guest Jackie_Boi

I had an online relationship...long story about how that one ended. Basically I could sum it up by saying...they weren't who they said they were. That's why I stay away from that sort of thing now. I mostly just chat to meet new people.

We were hiring a new employee from across the country, and for the first week or two, we put them up in our own home until they found their own place.

Well, the guy, who was over 50, fat and had these piggy blue eyes had a chat addiction. My daughter glanced over his shoulder once (the computer was in the living room so everyone could have access), and he was pretending to be a 16 year old girl on line.

I could never figure out why until much later (to chat with other 16 yr old girls, obviously!), I was just really really creeped out at the time.

It turned out he was quite the charlatan, and we ended up firing him. (His documentation, was false). I've often wondered about him picking up 18 -25 yr old guys! *shudders*, but I ended up thinking: well, if that's the way chat is, he probably just picks up other 50 year old guys pretending to be 16.

Trust me when I say, I would NEVER be caught dead in a chat room or stuff like that, and thank God I've never had anyone stalking me. My greatest worry now is my kids on Gaia. I don't think this sort of situation is unusual.

Guest Jackie_Boi
I've often wondered about him picking up 18 -25 yr old guys! *shudders*, but I ended up thinking: well, if that's the way chat is, he probably just picks up other 50 year old guys pretending to be 16.

Why did that make me laugh, like...harder than usual? You definitely topped off my weekend biggrin.gif. But yeah, pretty creepy. I don't understand why people do that stuff (I've done it before, but it was to someone I knew in RL and it was just a joke), it's all really creepy. I mean, if you have fantasies about having sex with underaged kids, keep it to urself! dry.gif Or...you could write a fic to share with others who have the same sick and twisted tastes.

In my case, it was a chick posing as a guy...had pics and everything...

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I have a friend who's gotten ENGAGED about THREE TIMES to guys in DIFFERANT STATES she had never met before in RL. THREE. I actually know why she did this, and I still say she's stupid.

One dude actually claimed his 6 year old tried to kill her mother for mentioning God ><

This is not a B Horror movie folks...

To get away from her father because he's extrordinarily over-protective (though, she hasn't given him good reason to trust in her ability to take care of herself). Which is why she is currently living with (and possibily preggers) with this guy she met a couple of months ago :: facepalm ::

The farther away, the better. The only she's got going for her is that she's in Culinary school, but other than that she's pretty fucked.

Guest Jackie_Boi

O_O Wot! THAT's what I don't want a terribly tight grip on my children (When I have some). I think being too strict can mess a kid up. But, it's good that she's in school, possibly doing she loves (cooking HAS to be something you either love or hate...the only middle ground I see is when you don't mind, but you do it cos you HAVE to). So...I hope she doesn't get into anymore wacky relationships online. ...Being engaged tho...that's...I didn't even think people got that far when it came to internet relationships. Even so, I'm not even bothering to look. I'm fine with the people around me tongue.gif

I didn't know that red neck Jerry Springer candidates knew how to use the internet. ohmy.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

laugh.gif

Oh yes, they have indeed discovered the internet! Next it's the cellphone! BEWARE!

Guest chibi4president
Oh, crap.  My Dad's family is going to learn how to use cellphones?  I'm not giving out my phone number any more.  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Ha ha ha!

The farther away, the better. The only she's got going for her is that she's in Culinary school, but other than that she's pretty fucked.

Culinary school, eh? Good for her.

This thread is proof that the acess to people the world over is both a blessing and a curse. Internet hookups seem to be all the rage these days. I knew this one girl who flew all the way to Indonesia to marry this guy she met on My Space or Facebook or something. blink.gif

Talk about a basket case.