Click Here!

The "sexist Pig" Award Goes To...

quamp

Story here

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A U.S. Baptist preacher has publicly defended himself for firing a female Sunday School teacher after more than 50 years on the job because he believes the Bible bans women from teaching men.

In my academic career, I had numerous female teachers as well as male ones. I learned just as much from both sexes.

"They quote First Timothy Two, 11-14: A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent," Lambert said, reading from the letter.

The bible has been used to justify everything from slavery to mass murder. Just because the bible says something, that does not make it right.

Frankly, I think this woman deserves an award for being a teacher for so long. I don't think I could teach for that long.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Story here

In my academic career, I had numerous female teachers as well as male ones. I learned just as much from both sexes.

The bible has been used to justify everything from slavery to mass murder. Just because the bible says something, that does not make it right.

Frankly, I think this woman deserves an award for being a teacher for so long. I don't think I could teach for that long.

...SPECIAL!

"Christian courtesy motivates us to refrain from making any public accusations against her," the board said.

She was a wicked witch anyway....

"Thou shalt not suffer a misogynist to live." Gospel according to NightScribe; Chapter 6, verse 14

My question is, was she getting paid for teaching? Can she sue for wrongful termination, under not just sexism, but ageism? This *ahem* holy man has issues. And apparently, nobody had problems for the last 50 years.

"And it was decreed, that the preacher needed to pull his head out of his ass, or be smote down by the vengeful wrath of the Lord. Because She's pissed off. Big time."

Guest Melody Fate
"They quote First Timothy Two, 11-14: A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent," Lambert said, reading from the letter.

I think she should go in and very quietly whack that guy upside the head.

Guest Evil_Labs

That's a big blunder to even make a reference to a verse that would come across as sexist, though. If she was drawing any pay, even under the table, and she can prove it, she could blast them out of the water with barely a flick of her wrist.

blink.gif And people constantly wonder why I have forsaken the church... If it were up to people like him, we'd still have public stonings!

YOU'VE FORESKINED THE CHURCH?!!! HOW COULD YOU?

Oh, Forsaken

Guest lightgoddess
YOU'VE FORESKINED THE CHURCH?!!! HOW COULD YOU?

Oh, Forsaken

Yes, yes, I FORESKINNED the church. That would be the opposite of a circumcision...wouldn't it?? ph34r.gif