Click Here!

Available as a Beta

pradlee

Hullo, I'm pradlee. Nice to meet you.

1. I would prefer to Beta for original MM stories of any type (romance, fantasy, sci-fi, action, horror, et cetera), but, because I enjoy reading just about everything, I am also willing to edit just about anything. I am fine with MM and FF fanfiction, but my performance on these could be affected by not being familiar with the story off of which they're based. I might refuse the job if I'm not acquainted with the original story and characters. I enjoy unconventional relationships (e.g. macho gay jock, snarky midget, falling in love with an animal**) and unconventional, surprising, unique, new premises.

2. I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with stories that focus on heterosexual romances, fanfiction or original. I am, however, fine with heterosexual heroes, as long as the story is centered on fantasy or war, or something else similarly action-packed. I won't do fanfiction whose main purpose is sex. I believe in developing a plot and good, complex characters. I dislike cliché anything: character stereotypes, gender stereotypes (e.g. dumb blonde, macho homophobe jock), plot (falling in love with rapist).

3. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. Ermmm... Should I go into teacher recommendations...??

Well, I've always gotten top marks in English. I enjoy reading. I enjoy analytical writing. I enjoy editing others' writing. I can be highly critical, if you like. Or not. I can edit for just grammar/mechanics/usage/spelling, or I can do that and add suggestions for content. If there is something really big that I feel needs to be amended, I won't just change it; I'll write you a little note about a general direction to take to improve that section. That way, I won't make huge changes to your story, but I will help you to become a better writer.

**I do NOT mean bestiality with an unintelligent beast for the sake of sex. This would only be acceptable if the animal could communicate with the human. For a good example, see "Love's Limits," one of my favorite stories here.

Edited by pradlee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I*m Mudslovesstu I*m in need of a beta, my spelling and grammer isn*t the best and I can*t think of ideas half the time for my stories... they are all MM or yaoi and are romantic and mild...I have lots of trouble when it comes to sex or fight sences...

so of you could check out my stuff and judge for yourself that would be awesome.

please and thank you

http://xmen.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296886512 :(

Edited by mudslovesstu

• 3 months later...

Heya! So, I've decided to give getting a beta another shot. (They all seem to run away from me!)

I write exclusively M/M, but it's all over the place so far as genres. I write some fanfiction as well, but since that's just for fun, I'm not too concerned if you can't beta that. (I want to eventually get published with my original work) I mostly need help picking up on errors that grammar/spell check and my own readthroughs don't catch, as well as any advice/criticism you feel like offering. I don't think my writing's too horrible (especially compared to some on here!) but there's always room for improvement :) One of the reasons your post caught my eye was because you said you hate cliche's and I attempt to avoid those - so if you see me falling into a cliche pit, perhaps you can drag me out?

So, if you're still looking to beta, and wouldn't mind beta'ing my stuff, let me know!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.