Click Here!

Editing One shot story

ulyferal

I'm very new here and find this site to be rather difficult and confusing to use though very nice in appearance.

Anyway, my problem is an original story called, 'Anger Management' that I recently posted. I realized I hadn't proofed it well so there are many small errors everywhere that I would like to fix. Here's my problem: every time I go to call it up I get as far as the drop down to select the story but it has no chapters (its a one shot, one page story) and there are no other choices so nothing comes up but a blank page when I'm forced to pick 'edit chapter'. The story is there because when I use the drop down 'select story' its displayed but that's as far as I get.

So how do I call up the story and edit it.

I also spend a lot of useless time trying to find where I could get a hold of anyone and finally ended up here. On the forum (despite being logged in) I kept running into an error code when I tried to reply to any post. Are you having problems? Or am I simply not getting this place right?

First of all, this belongs in tech support, and is being moved there.

Secondly, if you read the agreement for signing up for the forum, you would have seen it takes up to 24 hours to get passed through the admin queue, as the registration is two step, user validation and then admin validation.

How to edit your chapter-

First, be certain you're in the correct subdomain before starting. As you posted it to the original subdomain, you need to use the jump menu, select original and then click go.

Second, on the left, you'll see a menu which says "Story Functions".

Select - Edit Story

Select the story (by title), then select the action you wish to make (Edit Chapter). Click the edit button.

Next, choose the chapter. As there is only one chapter, you select it from the dropdown menu, which defaults to "Choose Chapter" and comes up showing a white text area before you select the chapter itself.

Once you select the chapter (if there is not title, the program will assign it a number), it will then appear in the edit box.

Once you've completed the edits you wish to make, click "edit chapter" at the bottom, so your changes are saved.

I'm very new here and find this site to be rather difficult and confusing to use though very nice in appearance.

Anyway, my problem is an original story called, 'Anger Management' that I recently posted. I realized I hadn't proofed it well so there are many small errors everywhere that I would like to fix. Here's my problem: every time I go to call it up I get as far as the drop down to select the story but it has no chapters (its a one shot, one page story) and there are no other choices so nothing comes up but a blank page when I'm forced to pick 'edit chapter'. The story is there because when I use the drop down 'select story' its displayed but that's as far as I get.

So how do I call up the story and edit it.

I also spend a lot of useless time trying to find where I could get a hold of anyone and finally ended up here. On the forum (despite being logged in) I kept running into an error code when I tried to reply to any post. Are you having problems? Or am I simply not getting this place right?

Thank you for your assistance and I finally got what I wanted. Yes I did read some of the required areas but there seem to be so many I'm not sure if I read the one you're talking about. I'm really not very computer literate so navigating some of this is difficult and confusing for me. Please be patient as I try to do better and not tick anyone off. I wasn't even able to find the post I'd done to get this answer for goodness sake. *sigh* I'll try to do better. Thank you again!

Edited by ulyferal

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.