Click Here!

Updated minor deletions

It's just like the Penthouse magazine when I was a kid; there is always that allure that attracts those who are underage because they know they are not supposed to be there.

It just proves that we must forever remain ever persistant in our duties as adults here. Keep up the good work DemonGoddess!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sightsoblind

More proof that you have LOTS on your plate... Everyone goes THE MODERATORS SHOULD SO FIX THAT! without thinking of the billion other things they put on that list

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez I need to check my math...had the wrong total with the first post, wrong count in some places too :) .

Here we go with an update

899 total looked at to date

Breakdown as follows

Unable to find conclusive proof one way or another - 265

Returned (1 or more times) - 28

Confirmed as 18 or over - 209

Old minors (from before the current mod team) - 193

Minors deleted, now 18 and can return - 61

Over 18 users posting for minors -7

Confirmed and processed first time minor - 123

Pending minor - 1

Minor accounts taken over (4+ returns) -12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow that is alot of minors, it's amazing how many of them try to come here, I like this site alot for several reasons and I hope none of these minors end up shutting the site down, you guys are doing a good job:)

Ditto. I completely agree. The moderators and tech staff are all legends. I started reading here because about 80% of the stuff on ff.net was juvenile. It's usually easier to spot minors, they don't have as a mature writing style from what I can tell.

• 3 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, quality of writing doesn't necessarily denote age. If it did, it'd make life much simpler.

Updated stats...through 3/20/10

Total looked at - 1218

Breakdown

Accounts taken over (4+ returns) - 12

Users posting for minor, or allowing minors to use their accounts to post - 9

Minors who've been deleted and have since turned 18 - 70

Old minors (pre-existing before current mod staff) - 203

Returning minors - 34

No results found, inconclusive - 257

Confirmed, one time deletion - 384

Confirmed as 18 or older - 249

• 3 weeks later...

It's true, you know. I have met some amazing writers who are underage. Of course, they don't write the same stuff, but I will corrupt them into writing more often. I just hope that they don't show up here until they're eighteen.

Keep up the good work, DG! The community appreciates it:kissblush:

Interestingly enough, quality of writing doesn't necessarily denote age. If it did, it'd make life much simpler.

Updated stats...through 3/20/10

Total looked at - 1218

Breakdown

Accounts taken over (4+ returns) - 12

Users posting for minor, or allowing minors to use their accounts to post - 9

Minors who've been deleted and have since turned 18 - 70

Old minors (pre-existing before current mod staff) - 203

Returning minors - 34

No results found, inconclusive - 257

Confirmed, one time deletion - 384

Confirmed as 18 or older - 249

*sighs* numbers changed a bit after resynching the forums.... ^_^

through 4/10/10

Inconclusive results - 255

Current minors, have returned at least once - 34

Confirmed as over 18 - 253

OLD Minors (pre-existing before current mod staff) - 208

Deleted minors, now 18 and allowed back - 96

Users posting for minors - 9

Current minors, deleted once - 117

Pending age check - 3

Accounts taken over, still under 18 - 3

Over 18, accounts taken over, not allowed to return - 2

995 total checked

*sighs* numbers changed a bit after resynching the forums.... ^_^

through 4/10/10

Inconclusive results - 255

Current minors, have returned at least once - 34

Confirmed as over 18 - 253

OLD Minors (pre-existing before current mod staff) - 208

Deleted minors, now 18 and allowed back - 96

Users posting for minors - 9

Current minors, deleted once - 117

Pending age check - 3

Accounts taken over, still under 18 - 3

Over 18, accounts taken over, not allowed to return - 2

995 total checked

I LMAO at the ones who act indignant when they get caught and blame the mods for being uptight and unreasonable. How is it that they do not know that if YOU GUYS are caught harboring minors on the site the WHOLE ENCHILADA gets shut down?! I guess it's like that with young people and authority, they never listen and everything is always about THEM...

yeah, it sure gets interesting from time to time... ^_^

...aaaannnnd, I figured out where I goofed on the last update. Wasn't the forum, it was me. Since I was just glancing over at the numbers, I put up number of posts, not topics. urk ^_^ Y'know, I knew something was up when the averages weren't quite right..but now they're right where they should be.

Guest julihann

Well, I don’t think we have to worry quite yet, ff.net has way more minors then AFF, writing “grown up thingies!” So as long as ff.net is not having any problem with blood thirsty lawyers yet, AFF would be able to breathe easily for a while. (I know it sounds naïve and stupid, but we have hopes and dreams for a reason!)

And DemonGoddess061 is quite right, quality of writing is not a reliable way to go after. Many people suffer in different areas of writing, I seen many adults having the same struggle any teenager would have. For example, many people have hard time with grammar. Some people, (like myself) are lucky to have some kind of built-in knowledge about grammar.

And of all times, spelling! Sadly that’s my biggest weakness, both in my native language and in English! I, just can’t learn to spell, instead I have to learn he words, just how you write them. But I don’t get why, people seem to struggle with this as well.

We could go after bad quality writing, but I think it would be a little mean to kick people of the site, just because they are “not good enough.” But lucky we don’t have to require such desperate measures … yet.

One more thing to say, native language! A person which native language is not English, might write “juvenile writings”. Simply because they lack the knowledge to write in the “higher quality standards”, we all know and love. These kinds of people would be in need of some help, rather then being chased away. Like requiring a beta for example! (Me for example)

But! (*dun dun duuuuun*) Minors though seem to be attracted to things and places they are not supposed to like. But whatever their goal to achieve is, we might never know for sure. Some might even be here “for the thrills” we can offer. Some, who are even more childish then average, might come here just for the “fun” of risking the sites safety. And some migt just want a pathetic need for attention fulfilled.

No one but themselves know why, but for know you are doing a great job kicking the minors off the site! Nice job!

(I think I have a habit of writing long post … naaaah, just my imagination! :) )

Nah, we don't do QC here. Good, bad, mediocre; as long as it's within guidelines for the site, it's allowed. I've actually seen (and deleted) some rather talented young people, but the point is, they were TOO young. Again pointing to quality, or lack of quality as a writer as not being an age indicator. It's really NOT.

• 1 month later...

Current, deleted one time only - 113

Current, accounts taken over - 5

Current, returned (deleted 3 or less times) - 38

Old minors (currently 18+, registered 2 or more years ago) - 220

Minors that were deleted and are now 18 - 116

Users where we were unable to confirm age - 267

Users confirmed as 18+ at registration - 285

Users who posted for minors - 9

That brings the total to 1053 looked at and either processed or confirmed as of age.