Click Here!

Is it okay to request/ask/demand for reviews or ratings in order for me to continue my story or post a new chapter?

Ezriee

Is it okay to request/ask/demand for reviews or ratings in order for me to continue my story or post a new chapter?

NO.

This practice is also known as 'review whoring'. It is not something that we've come up with, but a common term used in the fanfiction and original writing communities. Because of the large number of complaints that we receive about this practice, as of November of 2009, it is no longer allowed on adult-fanfiction.org. They are usually found in the author's notes of stories or sometimes, on an writer's author page or even in the summaries at times.

Examples of review whoring:

- Did you like this chapter? Do you want to see more? Well, you'll need to review in order to see what happens next! :D

- You review, you'll get the next chapter faster!

- I will not update this story unless I receive _ reviews.

- U guys suck! I'm gonna delete the story if I don't get reviews!

These are just a few, but as you can see, these phrases are used to persuade or influence a reader to leave a comment in order to see more. Many of the moderators and admins are authors on the site so we do definitely understand that getting that criticism to improve the story, hearing what the reader likes about it or even getting that little kudos for the hard work that you put into a story is gratifying. However, when looking from the readers' side, it is a way of making them do something that they may not wish to do, with the punishment being that they don't get to see what happens next.

Examples of what is NOT considered review whoring:

- Please rate and review!

- I'd love to see your comments and appreciate any constructive criticism.

- Thanks in advance for the review! :spit:

- If you have a few seconds, feel free to review! I'd appreciate it.

- Your comments help me improve my writing.

We do a visual check every story added to the archive several times a week. If you are found to be demanding reviews for your stories, we discreetly ask you in an email to remove the demand for reviews and if you have any questions, you are free to respond to the email and one of the staff members of adult-fanfiction.org will get back to you.

In the instance that demand for reviews remains, your story can be hidden after having already given you several days to edit your work. Your story can then be hidden for up to approximately thirty (30) days and after that time, the story in question is deleted from the archive. If your story is hidden, you will have to contact us at afftosteam@gmail.com with the name of your story, your penname, and the subdomain that your story is in. After that is received, we will review the story and if the issue is fixed, then we will make your story visible once again.