Click Here!

Ghosts of Christmas Past

sglily

• 2 months later...

Guest Ahny,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Today, after posting the newest update to Ghosts was the first I saw your message in the Forum.

Thank you for reading my stories and your kind words.

Whether or not it makes a difference in the explanation, Ryou’s whole perspective was supposed to have been one chapter, but I ended up breaking it down into three. Yeah, the lack of dialogue, naturally, is because the past two (that you’ve read) and the newest one, are mainly delving into Ryou’s thoughts and exploring his emotional turmoil. Did anyone really need to know all that Ryou was going through? Maybe, maybe not. That’s just how it chose to express itself at the time. There’s a lot of angst and a lot of self-flagellation going on in Ryou’s poor head. The middle chapter is kind of like the middle (original) Star Wars movie… information is in it to keep the plot moving but very little action. It was difficult to find the best place(s) to divide the one huge chapter up. The first one works well. The second and third should really be a single chapter… but Part three was nearly 50 pages in Word alone. See the dilemma?

You’ll get to see Bakura’s reaction to Ryou’s departure in the next installment. You aren’t the only reader who is less than happy with Ryou leaving! But then there wouldn’t be much of a story to tell. And, the whole purpose behind the “filler” chapter and the newest update where Ryou’s boys make an appearance is to give a lot more background into why Ryou felt he did the right thing by leaving Bakura. He’s also trying his hardest to talk himself into believing he did the right thing, for both their sakes. I’m not so sure it worked out the way he thought it would.

Good luck with your own writing! Bakura liking Tim Burton… that’s strange and… totally Bakura, dark and creepy… sort of like Burton’s partner in crime, Danny Elfman. I think you’ve got something there! And, what’s not to like about Starbuck’s? Except their prices… but the brew(s) are fine, trendy, and it’s a great place to meet people.

Thank you for the compliments about my characterizations of Ryou and Bakura. I am very flattered by that because for the longest time, especially when I first got interested in the fandom, Ryou was depicted as a spineless whipping boy – Bakura’s whipping boy, in particular. Ryou was oftentimes raped, starved, ignored, beaten, emotionally tormented… anything one could do to demoralize a human being, poor Ryou, for whatever reason, was the one chosen to bear that (or any number of) burden(s). Bakura, on the other hand, was depicted as an uncaring psycho, bent on his light’s ultimate destruction, and was more than likely the one abusing Ryou in the ways mentioned above. I hated it. Got tired of it. Read a few stories that offered an alternative twist to one or both characters personalities, and decided to try my hand at making Ryou a stronger individual with a goal in life – something other than making it through the day without a fat lip or broken bone. To me, Bakura needed to remain hardheaded and a prick, to most people at any rate, but most of all, I wanted him to want Ryou in more than just a sexual manner – I wanted him to make Ryou happy while keeping the tough guy image.

I have had a few writers ask me if they could write a story based on my characterization of Ryou and Bakura have come about. I don’t necessarily have a problem with that. I appreciate that I am being asked first. But, I do stress that it would be nice to take some aspects, turn them around, tweak them, whatever, and then own them… make them the new writer’s own. That would be ideal.

I also have to stress that as much as I would love to own Ryou and Bakura… I still basing my characterizations on characters created by someone else. Besides… in my world… Ryou owns Bakura’s ass…. But, shhhhhh…. just don’t tell His Royal Darkness that. ; )

Have I seen Ryou and Bakura characterizations written by other writers that “copy” my style? Aside from the example I mentioned above where the author asked permission, (and it almost seemed like more of a blurb/continuation of one of my stories that that particular author decided to write about), I really can’t say that I have. Maybe I am not reading the same stories? Honestly, there’s been such a decline in the popularity of the series that I don’t see that many new stories period. And of them, even fewer are based solely on Ryou and Bakura.

I typically don’t go out to FF anymore. I never posted there because of the mature content of my stories… it would have been against the site rules (of the time anyway). And, I doubt it’s changed. MM has had its own issues for the past several months. It has been impossible to update a story without getting an error. Doesn’t look like it’s going to get fixed anytime soon either.

Regardless, I really didn’t realize I had a following at all in the FF community. As I said, I don’t post there. I read there on occasion, but not often anymore. That’s flattering, that my stories are being read and appreciated. I also think it is flattering that my writing style is being emulated. No, I would not appreciate it much if it was downright plagiarism. But, I do not have a problem with other writers taking what they like and trying to make it better… or to play with it and see if they can come up with something of their own style.

I think that Saiyamaru gave you the right advice in regards to the post you made – I assume on FF. Some of what she mentioned, I have touched upon in my reply here. Most of all I have to agree, that if the current trend is for authors to write about a loving relationship between Ryou and Bakura, we are all better off for it. While I appreciate your concern, I have to agree it is not worth getting into a verbal war that cannot be won. However, as I mentioned above, cutting and pasting bits or just flat out claiming an entire work of my fiction as another’s own, that would be worth getting upset about. Yeah, that would be an entirely different story.

I don’t know… we all, in a way, emulate something (or many things) we like. The trick is to make it your own in some fashion. I just think it is kind of cool that people love something I have taken a shine to, and perhaps, taken to the next level, and they in turn are trying their best to own it.

We all have to remember, Ryou and Bakura own each other… and are ultimately, owned by Kazuki Takahashi. ; )

Sincerely,

sglily

P.S. I do have one thing I would like to ask of you and anybody else who happens to read this, please, from now on, here, in the Forum or anywhere outside of it, no more personal information randomly thrown into the mix. Please.

Yes, absolutely. I am so embarrassed that I did that. I honestly don't even remember how I figured that out or came to that conclusion. o_o That was a strange night. There's no need to say please! Thank you for handling it so nicely. That was downright rude. Go treat yourself to a Starbucks!

We're on the same page (uh, bad pun not intended) with the self-reflection concept. I suppose I was trying to add more input. -_o A stupid move, in retrospect. I write in meandering metaphors myself. It's refreshing to find someone who can out-metaphor me. =3

I agree that nobody has a clue how to characterize Ryou. ¬_¬ Personally, the way I would summarize him is "bordering on the cute and creepy." He seems like a sensitive strategist whose feelings manifest internally in such a way that he appears aloof at times. All people get from him is "nice" and "quiet." I wouldn't doubt his genuine concern for others, but I would say his exaggerated politeness is because he's had a less-than-ideal life (seems to be a theme in YGO) and he would rather conform to social standards for five minutes than create unnecessary issues with people. He's pretty opinionated when someone rub him the wrong way. I get almost idiosyncratic vibes from him. I could see him having strange interests, like the paranormal. That settles it; I'm giving him a Ouija board!

Exactly. (: Ryou owns Bakura! Finally, someone who is in touch with reality. B-) My story is like that; the relationship starts out rather one-sided on Bakura's part. Yay! I'm joining the ranks of the "Bakura is NOT neurotic" clan. Emotionally warped, maybe, but I crazy? I don't see it. If you want to write about someone with psychotic tendencies, Marik is your guy. Throw him into the realm of depersonalization or something. He could totally lose it and start abusing people. I'd buy it.

Roger that. Dropping the "copying" issue.

I live in Candy Land, mentally ¬_¬ so it's taken me until now to remember to check this forum. I haven't had a chance to read your most recent update(s) yet, so I'm sorry that I don't have any useful critique or really anything of relevance to post just now. I just wanted to apologize for my childish behavior before anything else, to assure you that I hadn't forgotten. I'll get on your stories ASAP and report back to you once I do (and hopefully I'll say something worthwhile to say this time around :rolleyes: )

Thank you for wishing me luck!

PS: I have actually never seen Star Wars. I know! I'm deprived.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

My goodness... yes, don't faint... it is still 2011 and I have an update! How sad is that?

Well, I did what I really didn't want to do... I wanted to keep Bakura's reaction to Ryou leaving him intact... but, it honestly was so lonnnnnnnnng... as in fifty pages long, with lots of inner contemplation going on. And, because I had one craptastic summer, and got basically nothing written over it, I decided to chop the chapter in half (somewhat) and at least give you guys a taste of Bakura's side of the story. And, yeah, of course I hacked it right at the "good part". So... what exactly is Bakura thinking... is he going to take Ryou's leaving lying down, so to speak, (no, not on top of Ryou!), just throwing up his hands and going "fuck it", letting Ryou go on his merry little way; is he going to hunt Ryou's ass down and spank him good; is he going to calmly go down to his kitchen, pour himself a cup of coffee, read the morning paper, head up stairs to get ready for work, then figure out what he's going to do about Ryou in a very thoughtful manner; or is he going to see red and go fucking ballistic, leaving behind a trail of mass destruction? One never knows when it's Bakura...

Thanks, as always, to everyone who keeps reading this story (and my boring as hell commentary)! Thanks especially to those of you who take time out of your busy lives to leave me a note. It really does make me feel inspired to keep writing, even when there are times it is difficult, and it would be so easy to walk away from it all. So, thanks for sticking with me and encouraging me to continue. I know the updates are few and far between. That is not done on purpose, believe me.

And, I do promise, at some point when I have the time, to get to the previous chapters of this story and fix the formatting issues. At least they are not as off-putting and atrociously obnoxious as some of the chapters of my earlier material. Please bear with me. I'm aware of it, I know it isn't pleasing to the eye, but time is scarce.

One more order of business...

Review Responses for Ghosts of Christmas Past – Chapter Eight:

Captain: Glad you enjoyed! Also glad you thought the mini-Ryou’s were adorable… I tried my bestest to make them that way! And… are you doing cartwheels yet??? Chapter 9 did make an appearance after all… ; )

KiraRaven: Sorry I made you cry! The last chapter was sort of a mixture of memories (both good/happy and sad/painful) and another reunion full of emotions between father and sons. Well, since Beau was the one asking Santa for a “big boy Kura” for his dad… maybe Santa will listen… Yeah, stupid Bakura! He should have told Ryou he loved him… but, then, in all fairness, we would have to also say, as much as I’m sure it pains us… stupid Ryou! Yeah, he is just as much at fault for not allowing his true feelings to flourish, sharing them with (stupid!) Bakura. They both kept their “scarier” feelings to themselves… both in a way, afraid to be hurt… although, I’m sure Bakura wouldn’t be the first to admit that was the real reason for keeping silent in those respects. As far as this new chapter… it is only half of Bakura’s “reaction” to Ryou’s sudden (silent) departure. Let’s hope that Bakura decides that Ryou is worth chasing after! As far as the twins reaction to first meeting Bakura… if that happens, mind you(!)… it would be fairly hilarious, I’m sure! Kura is practically drooling over his namesake, where Beau would just be happy to have the man who loves his daddy, and whom his daddy loves, show up to continue to love his daddy. Yeah, there was definitely a reason to describe in perhaps more detail than some cared for, Ryou’s house. Not only was I trying to get across that he is living in a rundown apartment with rundown furnishing… but he has made it a home… and the boys are his home. So, naturally, a home would have that “lived in” look. Not only will there be toys strewn about, but there would be artwork (as you mentioned) displayed proudly on the refrigerator. As you may remember, Bakura’s place was depicted as a pretty sterile environment. If it would so happen to work out, that Ryou (and kids) would be in Bakura’s future… he might just get the home he is missing.

Dragonlady222: Thank you for sticking with me! Glad you enjoy the story so much. Yes, poor Ryou. Too bad he didn’t have the courage to stay and to open up his heart, if just a little bit, to Bakura. Perhaps, there might have been a much happier ending… Kids being smart… I think sometimes adults don’t give them enough credit. Oftentimes they are much more perceptive than their pintsized bodies and innocent, blossoming minds ought to be…

Saiyamaru: Whew! Glad you are lovin’ the boys! Tremendous weight off these shoulders, let me tell you! Glad that the twins came across as very twin-like. I don’t know many… and none personally… and I certainly didn’t want them to come across as having supernatural powers or anything like that… but I do believe there is an innate 6th sense with siblings born at the same time from the same egg/sperm combo. Oh… you picked up on the smooth talking from Kura in regards to Beau, did you? ; ) Yeah, as you’ve pretty much guessed, that is definitely premeditated on Kura’s part… but not in a malicious sort of way. Uh, no, never. Not when Beau is involved. Yeah, even now these two are (double) trouble! Ryou definitely has his hands full! Oh, I definitely had it planned from the beginning that one of the boys would play the Santa card on his father. I can’t guarantee there will be of the twins in the future, but, if Ryou and Bakura ever get their collective shit together, then, it would be a given the boys would have to make another appearance. Have Ryou… gotsta have the kids! Hope you enjoy Bakura’s reaction… or at least Part One of it… I left most of the “good” parts out chopping it somewhat in half as I did. Ryou and Memory Lane… Glad you liked it. The drunken Bakura/drunken Ralphage bit was totally unexpected. Got a kick out of writing that! Interesting questions you raised… wasn’t planning on addressing them but that doesn’t mean anything! Perhaps Bakura might be forced to ruminate if it’ll work/fit into the storyline. We’ll see…

Thanks again to all who read and review!

'Til next time!

Best Wishes...

sglily

Ahny,

Once again, sorry about the late reply.

Eh, we all have our days, yes? Don't worry about. (Just don't let it happen again! :D )

Ryou and his characterization.... cute and creepy? I can see that. But, is he creepy because of the Bakura Effect? Like in the manga? Or is Ryou more Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde by his own merits?

Oh, I agree that Bakura is not crazy. Fantatical in some respects, but certainly not crazy. If anybody would think they're crazy, it would probably be Ryou. Especially if he could remember any of the things that Bakura did while "borrowing" Ryou's body. I also agree that the darker side of Marik is crazed/psychotic. If anyone's had a craptastic life, it is the tomb-keeper.

What is your story's name and where can it be found? Might wanna take a gander...

Apologies accepted. Don't sweat it. Like I said, just don't let it happen again ;) !

Sincerely,

sglily

• 2 months later...
Guest Yami Kuro Ookami Hatake

Dropping my Reply here Mainly cause I forgot to do it on the story - I honestly thought Tony-Armani-man was Kaiba at first! XDD But All in all, amazing two chapters (i had to read 8 and 9, and then go back re read 7 again because I forgot XDD)

I absolutely adore Beau and Kura. They're adorable, and Just...I love reading everything you write, no matter what it! 8D <3 Please, please, never stop writing ever! 8D

Love,

Kuro

(AKA Yami Kuro Ookami Hatake)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Dropping my Reply here Mainly cause I forgot to do it on the story - I honestly thought Tony-Armani-man was Kaiba at first! XDD But All in all, amazing two chapters (i had to read 8 and 9, and then go back re read 7 again because I forgot XDD)

I absolutely adore Beau and Kura. They're adorable, and Just...I love reading everything you write, no matter what it! 8D <3 Please, please, never stop writing ever! 8D

Love,

Kuro

(AKA Yami Kuro Ookami Hatake)

Kuro,

Thank you for dropping a line, period! Happy to hear from you here... or anywhere, for that matter!

Tony aka Kaiba... that's funny! And, I guess I could sort of see that! But, honestly, the intent was not there. Never thought to emulate any of the other YGO characters in this particular story. Tony is Tony... a figment of my overactive imagination... hot (with an extra "t") and a bit swarmy in his Armani suit... while hitting on our poor, little Ryou... still battle-scarred from his night with Bakura...

So happy you really liked Beau and Kura... I tried to make them pretty happy, stable kids, in spite of their situation. Ryou is a good dad... he tries hard, and the boys are the loves of his life. I certainly hope that that sort of portrayal comes across as it was meant to be.

Thanks for all the lovely comments and continue to stay tuned! I know it is a long, and dry path to the end at times... but hopefully it will be worth it!

Regards,

~sglily

Hey love, just sticking my head in because its been a while since I have. : ) You liiiiiivvvvveeeeeeee!

-Saiyamaru

Hello! Just checking in, hope the new year is treating you and yours well. : )

Hey, you!

Saw your "head"... and just had to reply before getting to the meat of it all below. Thanks for keeping at me... I don't like all the dead time in-between, but, unfortunately, oftentimes, there's not much I can do about that. But, as promised... if a few days late (since I missed my "by the weekend" target date), here is the second half of Bakura's reaction to Ryou's slippage from the Man-Pig's bed... and house... (since it technically isn't a "home" yet!).

The New Year? Holy crap! It is, isn't it?!? My, how time flies when one is having fun...

Let me know what you think of the latest installment... I'm very curious to know!

Much love,

~sglily

Hi Everyone!

Uh... Anybody out there? Or is that the prevailing sound of crickets... Hopefully not!

Well, there are no excuses to be had. None anybody wants to hear, at any rate. But, I finally did upload the second half of Bakura's reaction to Ryou's disappearance from Bakura's place of residence... Certainly, that is worthy of something, right? Right??? I'm very curious (and anxious) to hear what everyone thinks! So, please, do me the favor and honor of a review... or even a shoutout right here. That would be lovely... and totally make my day. Really. Really, really.

As I mentioned, you get the full brunt of Bakura's reaction in this latest installment. So, was it what you expected? Did you choose... ...poorly? Or did you choose... wisely? Mainly from the list of "how will Bakura handle it" choices from my previous long-winded update to this Forum? Well, I imagine (hope!) most people didn't go with the... Bakura takes it with a grain of salt... oh, well!... and goes on his merry fucking way with his life without Ryou. Uh... no. So, if you didn't choose that (ridiculous, by the way) scenario, good for you! That would've been completely out of character, eh? Although, it would have made for a nice, short, all-wrapped up neatly sort of story. Just saying... ; )

Oh... and thanks again to Saiyamaru for alerting me to the latest distressing state my older stories are currently in. AGAIN. I already addressed the issue on my profile page, somewhat. Yes, the most recent updates to the site here have messed AGAIN with formatting of older works that had been uploaded in a way not currently supported (and undoubtedly frowned upon now) by the new regime. It takes me so bloody long to upload a chapter the way I want it with the new stuff I am trying to update, that I can't see in the near future, me going back to fix the mess left behind. Believe me, I am not happy about it. It not only looks bad, but makes me look bad as an author... seemingly uncaring of one's hard work. Be it as it may, just know I am aware of it and I'll be happy to send you an Advil from the massive headache you will get from trying to dechipher whichever story you are attempting to read... if I have any left from personal consumption, that is...

Honestly, it took me most of the morning to get the update out there, looking presentable. I use Word. If you use the Word cut/paste option to keep all of your formatting, there are huge gaps in the text and it's still unacceptable. So, I opt for the other one which then means I have to manually go in and correct any formatting issues (mainly the use of bold and italics)... and unfortunately, I use a lot of the last one there. Maybe that doesn't say a whole lot for me as an author, eh? Regardless, this particular chapter, I needed italics to differentiate between the two he's mentioned in the story. You'll know what I mean when you hit them. High end of thirty, almost forty, Word document pages later... Yeah. Long, boring morning.

Enough is enough. Done bitching.

On a somewhat lighter note... I swear to God... I NEVER in my entire LIFE heard the song that is featured in this newest update during Christmas, as much as I did this one past! It was just... well... uncanny. Made me at least think of this story... which is a good thing!

So, without further ado... please enjoy! Thanks again to everyone who continues to follow this story. I do love to hear from you, so thanks a million to the ones who take the time to let me know how I'm doing, what you like, what you dislike, and everything in-between!

Love you all!

~sglily

Review Responses for Ghosts of Christmas Past – Chapter Nine:

Anon: Yes! Surprise, surprise! I am still alive and kicking. Oh, yeah, and still writing… Glad to hear that all of the above make you so happy! Well, as you can see in the new chapter here, Bakura is going through an entirely new phase of “confusion and angst”! It just sort of spiraled down from his initial shock of finding Ryou gone… and spoiling all his plans for the morning… and beyond. Glad you enjoyed Marcy! I know it is not everyone’s “cup of tea” to have original characters crop up in stories revolving around set characters such as Ryou and Bakura. But, this story demanded a few. Marcy is intentionally a very strong and demanding woman… and definitely a female Bakura. Needed someone who would be able to stand up to His Rottenness and hold his/her own. Hope to hear what you think about the latest installment!

Moonbunny87: Wow. You called that one! Yeah, there was that ominous sort of calm before the storm… and then Hurricane Bakura unleashed his mighty fury! RWOAR! Or something like that. Yeah, Bakura is definitely not a morning person… and maybe it would’ve been a (major) stretch for him not to immediately remember Ryou and all the loveliness they shared the night before even when still half asleep… (Shame on him!)… but it needed to happen that way. Please forgive me! ; ) Seems like Marcy is likeable by most reviewers! Like I’ve been babbling about, she is so a female Bakura. Ryou gets under Bakura’s skin with sex and love… Marcy by being strong with tenacity while pulling no punches… Bakura-style!

How’d’ya like them fires, hunny bunny???

Captain: Here’s to being UBER HAPPY! Hopefully I made you so AGAIN with this new installment of Bakura’s Wrath/Enlightenment Hour… or however long it took you to read it. Personally, I wanted to smack the crap out of Bakura after his self-demolition of his household once he got past the boiling point… poor baby didn’t get his own way… got a little taste of his own medicine. Perhaps your opinion has changed, too??? But, in the end, I suppose he deserves a hug. Maybe only after he officially makes things right!

Dragonlady222: Bakura is a bit… s…l…o… … … …w in the morning, eh? Yeah, not the sharpest tool in the shed when awoken before his time. Needed that extra beauty sleep or something… his wildcat just wore him out! Too bad he didn’t remember that a bit more timely. Point taken! Looks like Bakura just might be on the trail of his long, lost lover… We’ll see…

Ojaesama: No heart attacks allowed! Thank you! I hadn’t even really noticed how Bakura is a bit more of a softy when all things Ryou are involved… well, up to this new installment, that is! I think poor Ryou’s ears must have been ringing… probably burnt to a crisp and now laying on the floor of his apartment… after Bakura’s… well… outburst. Glad you enjoyed the chapter… and hopefully this new update will give you a little taste of what is to come in the future. I’ll try to update to the best of my abilities. And thanks again for the lovely comments! This story is very dear to my heart and it is very humbling to hear that others enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy making it come to life!

I have an account on FF.net, under the same penname actually (with perhaps a “1” after it? Don’t’ remember…), but none of my stories are published there. Only here on AFF and also at MediaMiner.

Moonbunny87: You stinker! I honestly didn’t know it was YOU! Don’t worry… I am constantly forgetting stuff… name? What name? Yeah… I think Bakura had visions of creating himself a Man Cave of the upscale variety… because he could… even going so far as to build himself a brand new home in the ‘burbs. But, it’s kind of sad how money can’t buy you love… sounds like a song or something… ; ) Oh, and he did a little remodeling by himself in this latest chapter… he should probably fire the dumbass new contractor, by the way… ; ) Oh, my… Bakura guest starring on “Queer Eye”… good Lord! That’s a funny observation… and one I didn’t quite take that way! It is interesting the twists others can see with my “Blind Eye”, I guess! I guess in a way that Bakura was playing the stereotypical role of a gay man of some stature and wealth… Ryou was definitely not looking FIERCE in his wardrobe of choice that evening… and through no fault of his own. But, Ryou must have been rocking it enough to get a free pass to The Man Cave, yeah? ; )

OH GOD. OH GOD. I AM NOT EVEN - WHAT ARE WORDS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER??

Bakura going crazy was amazing to read, but that poor christmas tree! I hope he fixes it!

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE PACKAGE!! -shakes you- I NEED TO KNOW!

And I love Marcy and Bakura's interactions. Sooo perfect. This is amazing. SO WORTH THE WAIT!

Just dropping a line to say, Happy Valentines Day, everyone! May your days be filled with /all/ the Bakura-Ryou goodness...Of the Wicked Kind!

(yesijustreferencedherfanficXD)

• 4 weeks later...

OH GOD. OH GOD. I AM NOT EVEN - WHAT ARE WORDS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER??

Bakura going crazy was amazing to read, but that poor christmas tree! I hope he fixes it!

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE PACKAGE!! -shakes you- I NEED TO KNOW!

And I love Marcy and Bakura's interactions. Sooo perfect. This is amazing. SO WORTH THE WAIT!

Yami-Kuro,

You said it all, my dear... "Bakura going crazy"... and he did just that, didn't he? I think I am more concerned with Bakura HOUSE than the Christmas tree! Bakura went on a bit of a pissed-off rampage, at best. Let's hope he can get his shit together so that he doesn't have to end up taking "Anger Managment" courses, or the like. Wouldn't want someone going postal like him around MY kids, that's for sure! Calm down, big guy. Breathe... that's it. Take another sip of your scalding, sugar-laced coffee... and breathe...

As for what's in the package... we'll all have to wait and see... :D

Glad you liked Marcy. She's been pretty well received. That's always good to hear! Perhaps that is because she is not a threat? I don't know. I thought it was kind of funny to have a strong female character that played off of Bakura and pretty much didn't take any of his shit... in fact, dishing it back to him at any given opportunity. Fiesty!

Thanks also for all the holiday well-wishes! I think you hit them all!

Stick with me! I will continue this story and see it through to the end.

~sglily

Hi all!

Just a quick update since I'm here...

Don't know if anybody has noticed but I couldn't take it anymore and have been fixing the formatting issues for this story - as top priority since it is the most current and the one that is at least being updated from time to time. Only got two more chapters to go! WooHOO! Been taking it slow and doing one a day or so, or whenever I have the time... also been working on the current chapter that has been nothing but a bear for me. Here's to working through it and having something to show for the effort, eh! ; )

Thanks so much to everyone who continues to read this story, to those who take the time to review, and to everyone who visits here and posts their thoughts, comments, or encouragement. It might take me a bit but I reply back to everyone! Your support is truly an inspiration. Believe it.

Back I go to duking it out with Ryou. He's not being very cooperative... might have to hand him over to Bakura a bit prematurely...

:spank:

Yeah, I think he needs a spankin'... naughty boy that he is.

Much love,

~sglily

I would offer to help, But i'm not sure how that work, lol!

I really appreciate the response, and Ill try to keep this board alive! XD :3 I'm here for the long haul, love, no matter what! :3

Im still holding out for My Wicked Valentine, though. Its very, very close to my favorite - it and Silver and Gold tie for my very favorite! :3

But I am a happy, Happy Kuro with everything you post! 8D So yes! At the very least, I will be here! ^^

Lots of Loves,

Kuro

• 2 weeks later...

ACK. I missed April Fools x__x I have an excuse! I was in the Hospital again >n< But out home free now! :3

But the real reason i came here - there was an episode of teh Show i watched today, Supernatural (6x01, for those that care to know) where Dean was checking all the doors and windows - it reminded me of Bakura, from...chapter 10 of Hazy Hot and Humid (I believe, I'm running on memory here XD). It was a nice surprise - and it made me want to write Bakura as a Hunter. XD

Okay! I rambled on, added something to the page here. :3 Everyone have a wonder Easter Holiday (if you celebrate) and a Wonderful Weekend (If you don't)! :3

• 2 weeks later...

ACK. I missed April Fools x__x I have an excuse! I was in the Hospital again >n< But out home free now! :3

But the real reason i came here - there was an episode of teh Show i watched today, Supernatural (6x01, for those that care to know) where Dean was checking all the doors and windows - it reminded me of Bakura, from...chapter 10 of Hazy Hot and Humid (I believe, I'm running on memory here XD). It was a nice surprise - and it made me want to write Bakura as a Hunter. XD

Okay! I rambled on, added something to the page here. :3 Everyone have a wonder Easter Holiday (if you celebrate) and a Wonderful Weekend (If you don't)! :3

Kuro, my love...

What is this? In the hospital? Again? Here's to not having to add another "again". Be well, love.

I should have known that you'd be out here wishing everyone a "happy" something-or-other! You're my official greeter and holiday cheer-er! Go, Kuro!

Maybe... if I can get Ghosts under way and finished some day... I'll revisit Wicked next. It's the next one in line that would be somewhat easiest to finish. Don't like to leave anything openended. I will finish everything I've started... eventually.

That cracked me up about you being reminded of a home security-wise Bakura! You're better than me... I'd have to look up the exact chapter that one came from... but, like you, I would have at least got the story right! Not to be egotistical or anything... but I really loved that part. It was one of those things that just sort of appeared while writing, sort of an added bonus that really had nothing to do with the actual storyline at the time... just another glimpse into the world of Ryou and Bakura and how much Bakura really cares for (and is in love with) his light. I'm a sucker for those kinds of moments.

I think I am inspired to get cracking on the chapter from hell!

Thanks again for keeping this thread alive! And a very Happy Everything to you!

Much love,

~sglily

Guest Captain

Dear siglily,

I am such a HUGE fan of your stories! I always check everyday to see if a chapter has been updated for Ghosts of Christmas Past ^__^ Cant wait for the next one!

Yout fan, Captain <3

OwO I will be the best Greeter of Everything Ever! :3 I will do my best!

I'm in the hospital more than I like to admit, but its my Diabetes, I have trouble controlling it. But Many a night in the Hospital has been tempered by many re-readings of Cat and Mouse and HHH and Rings. <3

And I read your fics so much, everything reminds me of them practically, lol! :3

Just dropping a line, to say thank you for the Reply :3

Love

Kuro

Edited by Yami-Kuro

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that you are an awesome author , and I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I have read your stories so much, that when I picture Bakura and Ryou together, 'Kura calls Ryou "precious one" anytime he addresses him. Btw, I love that nickname.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.