Click Here!

Cannot Post new chapters.

I've tried to post a new chapter on my story but it either doesn't show up or says that i need to go back and fill in everything. But i HAVE and it won't let me D: And thats when i try and use the "add new chapter" button

When i go into my profile and then do the whole edit story>add new chapter, nothing shows up. I have it al pretty and ready for the go but it won't let me at all. In either ways.

Can you guys maybe help me? Dx

Thankies :3

Stepping through it myself now...

First, go to Story functions.

Select "edit story"

Select the story from the drop down list located to the right of the functions menu

Select "Add chapter", then click edit

If you're using the text input field, do the following..

Add the chapter title

Put the text in the block for it (input text)

If you're using the file upload option, do the following..

Add the chapter title,

Click upload file and then browse to the file you're uploading. Remember, it must end in .htm, .html, or .txt

Then, click Add chapter

You'll see a message as to what happened, in the upper left corner of the user panel. It says "chapter added successfully"

I just walked this whole thing through in my profile, so I know the chapter add feature is working.

Stepping through it myself now...

First, go to Story functions.

Select "edit story"

Select the story from the drop down list located to the right of the functions menu

Select "Add chapter", then click edit

If you're using the text input field, do the following..

Add the chapter title

Put the text in the block for it (input text)

If you're using the file upload option, do the following..

Add the chapter title,

Click upload file and then browse to the file you're uploading. Remember, it must end in .htm, .html, or .txt

Then, click Add chapter

You'll see a message as to what happened, in the upper left corner of the user panel. It says "chapter added successfully"

I just walked this whole thing through in my profile, so I know the chapter add feature is working.

So when i add a new chapter in the text box it doesn't show instantly when i post? Because what i do is after i post i go and check to see if the new chapter shows and it doesn't >.>

And i've tried to put it into txt format and htm html and what not but i get the weird symbols over things. And i've put things into the text editor and tried to get everything working ok but nothing. It's still with the weird symbols.

Thankies i'll try again.

How come it tells me that both of the feilds need to be filled out though. Because i put a name for the chapter and i've put all my text in the box, and did the capche (w.e it's called lol) right.

Thanks for your reply x

Here is my story btw :

http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600023248

Chapter 7 is what is going nuts xD

Edited by ranetheinsane

First of all, as you're trying to add a chapter to a story you already have, with pre-existing chapter data, you shouldn't even be seeing recaptcha. That is set to show up when you add a new story and the first chapter.

So, at this point, I'd check and be sure I was in the correct sub directory (in the browser bar, it should show anime2.adult-fanfiction.org). If it does not, use the jump menu to navigate to it (it displays as Gundam/Beyblade/DBZ/FMA). THEN you select the story, and add the chapter to it.

First of all, as you're trying to add a chapter to a story you already have, with pre-existing chapter data, you shouldn't even be seeing recaptcha. That is set to show up when you add a new story and the first chapter.

So, at this point, I'd check and be sure I was in the correct sub directory (in the browser bar, it should show anime2.adult-fanfiction.org). If it does not, use the jump menu to navigate to it (it displays as Gundam/Beyblade/DBZ/FMA). THEN you select the story, and add the chapter to it.

Yeah i've done all that D: but no worries i finally got it up! YAY!

the recaptcha shows up when im actually in my story as if im reading it and click "add new chapter" and then it shows up for some reason. >.<

What i did was i saved it as a txt and then put it back into a doc. Then changed it to times new roman, then i went to save as web page and went to options and there is a thing where it says "Western (mac), Western (Windows)" and i chose windows and it worked! But i had to upload it rather than just add the text.

Thank you so much for all your help. D: i don't mean to be a bother! But if anyone else who uses mac now can do what i did and changes theirs to work if they have trouble.

x

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.