Click Here!

Why was my story removed?

ice

Hi, I'm new to the forum so I hope I am posting this in the right section.

It just came to my attention that my story "Interlude" posted in the DBZ Het - Male/Female section was either removed or hidden. I had about 3 reviews the last time I checked.

I didn't violent the TOS by posting this story and had all the correct disclaimers. As a matter of fact, I found it a bit strange that I still received a notice from a moderator regarding the disclaimer (who wasn't clear on what exactly was wrong with it) but changed it anyway to closely match the examples posted here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...?showtopic=3560

I logged in today and realized my fanfic was missing.

Was the reason it was removed because of the disclaimer? Would I be able to repost it without it being removed again? Would someone explain why it was removed in the first place? ^_^

Reposting the story won't restore those three reviews...

Well, unless you deleted it yourself, the story is simply hidden, not removed. As to why it was hidden, if you look at what you put in there, while it does indeed resemble what we ask for, the flame you added to it needs removed.

Hi there. No, I didn't delete the story. You mentioned a "flame" which I find a bit odd, especially if the side comment I put in there was the reason it was hidden in the first place. I appreciate moderation taking the time to do their job but there are authors who've written far worst comments that are indeed flames and yet their fanfiction remain unhidden.

The comment was removed - is there a way to make the story visible again with reviews and votes intact?

Edited by ice

Yes there is, and the "side comments" you mention, those get hidden too, when the time has passed for correction without that being removed. Flaming, flamebaiting, and etc are not something that is allowed here any longer. Once a story is unhidden, everything ATTACHED to it is open for view as well. Only when a story is deleted, do you lose the reviews that are attached.

Appreciate the info and restoring the fanfic.

But I stand by what I said. It was not a flame nor "flamebaiting". Since the mods consider it as such I won't argue further but shouldn't I have gotten some sort of notice or warning to remove it before the story was hidden?

Edited by ice

Actually, no. None of us are required to give notice for actions taken for that sort of thing, deletion of plagiarism, deletion of minors, and etc. Personally, I'd rather have something hidden and then have the user correct it, rather than do an outright deletion to begin with.

Of course, the exceptions to that are plagiarists and minors. We find them, we delete them, NO warning whatsoever.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.