Click Here!

Story merge.

Hey.

I'm re-uploading my story in the Original-Fantasy > Male/Male, category, because the main pairing of the story will eventually be two men. (and I hope I understood the rules right that, that is the correct location for the story, because of that main pairing)

I would like only the ratings and such from the older post to be moved, and not the entire story, if it's not too much of an inconvenience.

I really hope I'm doing this right...

Well, the story is "Polinues Marines, the would be mage", and this is the location of the first upload, in Original-Fantasy > General

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600101353

And here is the new upload:

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600101391

Thank you for your assistance.

as it's in the same sub domain, there's no need for a merge. You simply edit the story, and change the placement. I've linked you to the FAQ which explains how to do it.

So what you need to do here, is move the story within the sub domain to the correct spot, and delete the newer upload.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, DemonGoddess...

I'm sorry for bothering you again with this, but...

I was wondering if I could move my story "Polinues, the would be mage" from Fantasy>Slash to Original-misc>slash?

My one dedicated reader has asked me more than once if I shouldn't, and I would like to if it's allowed.

And I've noticed that there are a couple of (what I would consider) fantasy stories in the Original-misc>slash category.

It is a fantasy story, set in a world of my own creation, with gods and vampires, and magical people, but nothing too extravagant. There are no dragons or stuff like that, and the world is a sort of medieval setting (castles and horses and no electricity)

I wanted to ask you first, so I wouldn't break the rules, and also to ask if I can do it myself, or if you have to do it.

Sorry again for bothering you with this, and thank you for your help.

oh, and the link to the story is this: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600101353

Like I said, as long as it "lives" in the same sub domain, the author is perfectly capable of moving it him or herself. You move it to where it best fits. Although at this point in originals, it's a crap shoot, to be honest. The thing is a right mess, and has been for a very long time. So, if you feel it belongs in original-misc for now, then that's where you should move it to. Once the clean up crew and I get to that subdomain, we'll be sorting and cataloging it all, and I'll be moving it all around according to what they found. But, that's a ways away yet. If after we've placed according to sort, the author always has the right and ability to move it to wherever they feel it best fits, regardless. Hope that makes sense for not only what you need short term, but also in the long term.