Click Here!

Seeking beta for technical writing corrections

bwenner

I desperately need someone to go over my spelling and sentence structure. I tend to jot down my thoughts rather hurriedly, trying to get the right phrasings that I want out while they are still in my head, but it is difficult to go back and read and be a judge of whether it sounds awkward (unless I wait a few months until I've forgotten what I wrote). Sometimes I've got all of the pieces, but they need rearranging. (I also tend to make small mistakes like omitting words or doubling them. Anyone?

Edited by bwenner

• 3 months later...

Well, so long as I don't have to know the material you're writing about....

I don't squick, I'm not going to go MIA without exceptional reason, and even then editing helps clear my head, so I like to keep up with it.

Everyone I write with, or friends who read my works or have me read theirs, they ALL come to me for the occasional beta critique--even the ones who are English whizzes themselves.

So when it comes to that, have no fear. I know what I'm doing when it comes to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

And when I tell someone where they've gone wrong with their writing, I do it nicely, with lots of praise for what they did right.

And a simple cure for omitting words or doubling them: read what you wrote out loud to yourself. You'll almost always catch your mistakes that way.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.