Click Here!

Questions For The Admin/s

Guest vorheesfan07

Guest vorheesfan07

I was working on my original fic today when I thought of a few questions I thought I should get out the way first.

1.) Profanity ~ Is a regularly cursing character permitted?

2.) Swearing ~ If I include a notice on top saying I do not endorse any activities implied by my characters, can I keep the references? (e.g., In response to an inquiry about an object a character replying something along the lines of "Up your mother's a** and around the corner!)

3.) Reactions ~ Should I worry about someone being offended by what I right? Esp. non-profane religious references

Sorry if I seem like a worrywart, I thought I might as well post this before I screwed up royally.

Guest Evil_Labs

I will be truly, deeply impressed if you can sincerely disturb or offend people who are regulars of this site.

Cursing is fine. Sex is ok, why wouldn't profanity be so as well?

Guest Melody Fate
Profanity ~ Is a regularly cursing character permitted?

All stories here are supposed to be R or NC-17. Since the average R movie has plenty of cursing, I don't think it'll be a problem. My story makes ample use of such words as "fuck," and several words starting with "C"

Swearing ~ If I include a notice on top saying I do not endorse any activities implied by my characters, can I keep the references? (e.g., In response to an inquiry about an object a character replying something along the lines of "Up your mother's a** and around the corner!)

Again, think of R or NC-17 movies. No one appologises for the language of the characters in those. If you want to add a note about it to make yourself feel better, go for it. A lot of people do. I have a note on the top of every one of my chapters warning of the dangers of unsafe sex.

Reactions ~ Should I worry about someone being offended by what I right? Esp. non-profane religious references

I haven't had a problem with anything I've written, although I don't tackle religious issues.

Can I gaurentee that no one will be offended? Nope. The world is full of people who look for things to bother them.

However, this site was born of people who wanted a place to express themselves without restrictions. People who come here generally expect to see just about anything.

Some of the best books ever written were considered offensive and controvercial at the times they were written. Stories that don't raise questions, that don't make the reader wonder are often forgotten.

If your story causes controversy, wear it as a badge of honor.