Click Here!

Disclaimer Question

bushviper

I received a message about an improper disclaimer, stating:

"This is just a little message to let you know that your disclaimer is missing one of the two key elements required for a proper disclaimer. In order to protect yourself and the site, you need to correct your disclaimer so that it states that you do not make money/profit from your story. Your fandom disclaimer is fine."

The original disclaimer read:

"I don't own WoW or make any money from this story. I'm borrowing Nimboya [in-game NPC], but Blizz can have him back when I'm done with him... maybe. :)"

I corrected the disclaimer to something unmistakably straight-forward and have absolutely no problem with doing so, but I am curious... was it the slight cheekiness about the NPC that put the disclaimer in violation? I thought I had my bases covered.

Thanks!

I received a message about an improper disclaimer, stating:

"This is just a little message to let you know that your disclaimer is missing one of the two key elements required for a proper disclaimer. In order to protect yourself and the site, you need to correct your disclaimer so that it states that you do not make money/profit from your story. Your fandom disclaimer is fine."

The original disclaimer read:

"I don't own WoW or make any money from this story. I'm borrowing Nimboya [in-game NPC], but Blizz can have him back when I'm done with him... maybe. :) "

I corrected the disclaimer to something unmistakably straight-forward and have absolutely no problem with doing so, but I am curious... was it the slight cheekiness about the NPC that put the disclaimer in violation? I thought I had my bases covered.

Thanks!

No, that was my fault. I don't mind cheekiness at all, lol. What happened was I was warning stories and accidently warned yours and when I went to delete the review, my computer crashed and I couldn't find your story to remove the review.

Sorry bout that!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.