Click Here!

Need some advice on my new Gargoyles fic

cygnavamp

Well, I started a Gargoyles fic called "I'll Cover You" and I'd like a little advice. (First chapter is here: http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600092369 )

Most of the characters are going to be sort of OC's. Some of Angela's rookery sibs were shown, but only two (three if you count Boudicca) were named. I need some help fleshing them out a bit. Uriel is the resident "class clown". He likes to joke and pull pranks. Usually, his pranks are harmless, but he's going to be in dutch for his latest stunt. Aindreas, I know, is brave enough to defend his clan against Demona. I see him as a hunter and fisherman, an outdoorsy type. He's sensitive, in both good and bad ways. Jophiel is the resident muscle. He and Zadkiel are often the ones called on to do heavy work. Jophiel is a bit of a dreamer and a sculptor. (Instead of a hammer and chisel, he uses his talons.) While Aindreas can have his sensitive moments, he's more of a realist than Jophiel, though Jophiel doesn't always have his heads in the clouds either. I want to have them be compliments of each other.

Also, I'm trying to figure out what exactly Princess Katherine's reaction would be to finding out their little secret. I am guessing she wouldn't be too happy. Her experiences with gargoyles have probably caused her to rethink many of her beliefs, but I'm not sure to what extent. In the Dark Ages, homosexuality was a crime punishable by burning, hanging or a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, depending on rank. Katherine did allow a wizard to live in her castle. She did say she prayed for Tom's safe return. She probably did more than just hold hands with Tom. I'm not sure how far her religious beliefs go.

Any suggestions?

Been a long time since I've seen that show, loved it. Might not be too much of a help but a lot of fantesy based fandoms\worlds see things like homosexuality, being in love with something that is not of the same species like Garnet and Zidane or Ed and Black Waltz Four. Or marriage to a non human and what not as taboo.

Could you do something that might help soften the shock of it a bit ? I imagine she will not handle it as well if she found out via as a nasty shock, an adviser or something telling her what he saw or something similar.

Gargoyles, like Black Waltz's and Genomes and many other fantasy races, are not human and do not have the same moral obligations as humans do. They might not have the same taboos either.

I imagine, depending on how she finds out, may be offend, in shock, be angered. She may even want them to be exiled but the not ' human card' can be pulled out but still, she might not see it that way.

If you want to throw a bit of a wrench in the works, maybe have some one who is in position to seize power see the act and use it against both the gargoyles and maybe even Princess Katherine.

Thanks for commenting, Clockwork Knight. But, on Avalon, there isn't much power to seize. It's three aged humans looking after 33 just barely adult gargoyles. (36 if you count their beasts.) I might have her feel a mix of emotions like you suggested, maybe for a moment even considering exile. Magus would probably be the one to point out that they are trying to "raise them gargoyle" as much as possible and that gargoyles don't have taboos on this sort of thing. Tom would be the one to remind Katherine that she loves her "eggs" and doesn't really want anything bad to happen to them.

Out of irrationality, she is human after all, she may want them exiled. Magus strikes me as a person who has been around the bush a few times, so to speak, so there won't be much that shocks him. He could be the voice of reason in all the chaos that is bound to break out.