Click Here!

Looking for a Beta who goes above and beyond

Kimba147

Hello everyone. I have gotten a beta for my fan-fic, but I need something a bit diferent for this story.

This is a story of (what could be) epic proportions. But it needs help. I first got the idea for this story when I was in like, seventh grade. So, the stuff I have written is good, but PG. I'd like to change that.

Summary

This story is not of just a vampire, but, The vampire. Sven Von Fredericks.The oldest. The strongest. Only, he doesn't know it. And in his mislead naiveté he locks himself away, only to be awakened by a girl...

But she is no ordinary girl either. Melinda Harveinheight is poor, kind, and has to deal with teenage hormones. However, there is something powerful lurking deep within her. Something strong enough to draw in an unfeeling, cold, ancient vampire an entrance him. Their bond is unconventional, but strong. Together, they set off into the great unknown.

Meanwhile, durring Sven's long slumber, a growing resistance to the old ways has emerged within the vampiric community. The {Insert cool sounding name here, because I haven't come up with a good official title yet} has been killing off young vampires. But why? Sven and Melinda meet those who are on the run from {Nameless Orginization} and learn that not all is as it seemed to be...

What I Need

Again, I want to take this basic, yet already good story, and turn it into something great. If I were to become a professinal author, this would be the story I would publish, so I need someone who is willing to work hard to make this thing shine.

I want to change the language used in this from restricted and somewhat archaic to something more modern sounding, which will probably be the hardest part, simply because there is much to change.

I have multiple chapters made, but I have not finished the story, so who ever becomes my beta will get to help me lead Sven and Melinda into tomorrow after a certain point.

I need it to be witty, smart, funny in the right places, and descriptive enough to send someone wheeling into the world of the vampire and not let them out untill the very last bite (mwahaha). I am not a little girl any more, so I want to take this fairy-tale and make a novel (Metaphorically speaking, for now) out of it. Which means that I would like to put some more adult-ish aspects in it. Maybe not hardcore smut (simply because if I/WE decide to publish this one day, we would have to take a lot of that out...I wouldn't be against it for just posting on here though...) but something. {To serve my own fangirl-ism, while the main focus is on a straight pairing, I am making one of the side characters gay. I do not demand that he has to have sex scenes however, I do it more to make the lead male role uncomfortable. XD}

I need help with this one, and I hope someone is willing to go far for this cast of misfits and make them into a legendary team.

Thank You!!

Edited by Kimba147

Guest juliannanight

I'm not used to actually answering people's replies like these, normally people come and find me lol. But when I saw your post I have to say that hopefully I'd be a bit of what you are looking for. I am not the run-of-the-mill type of Beta. I work with my author's in every way that is needed. I mainly work on flow and plot holes. I make sure that all twists and turns are smooth, given and frank if needed or put through the mists of time if the author wants mystery instead of boldness in their plot.

I make sure things are read smoothly, description is told and not missed. I cannot stand a story without description. When you read, you want to put yourself in that story. Here take Harry Potter for an instance. I fell in love because you were told the foods, the smells and colors of a world that isn't this own. It made it easy for the reader to 'see' it within their mind and to want to be in that very world.

I can do the normal beta things, from spelling and grammar though I do suck ass at punctuation. I do however, have a robot (Software, four to be exact) that does the punctuation for me. I do not beta for anything under the rating of other sites "teen". I know the 'erotica' world well, what people are looking for normally. I have done many things from Slash, threesomes, to BDSM though I have to admit, I normally will not do anything with rape. Implied rape yes, anything more than that, I'll skip that chapter that has it and continue on. I will find a beta for you if you have more than just implied rape for that chapter that way things continue to go smoothly. Thats the only thing I will not do for an author.

I even go as far as handling all author's reviews, to making sure that they have their coffee if needed me lol. I am a 'real-life' editor, and work for a few newspapers and on-line publications. I do know what I am doing. I have been a beta now for well over 6 years. Here is a copy of the resume I have on here.

I'm a long time Beta for not only Adultfanfiction.net but also about 5 other websites. At the moment, I am not Beta'ing for anyone and would enjoy getting back in the swing of my favorite stories with some new writers. I will explain, in detail, the type(s) of Beta/Editor that I am, the types of stories I will co-write or what have you, and the ones that I will do just the run of the mill type projects.

What I am "Known" for:

• I look out for grammer, though I'm not a grammer wiz.
  • I check all spelling. I will find holes in items if you are misusing saying words in the English language like, "They, Their, There, There's" And so on. I'm pretty much a stick-ler for that.
  • I am a known Co-Writer but ONLY for these stories (as of date though): Twilight, Harry Potter, Doctor Who and InuYasha. (This includes all movies, books/anime).
  • I do almost any pairings in the shows/books/movies listed above that does include Slash.
  • I am a loop hole, sentences not adding up, plots missed finder. I cannot stand when someone starts off a story about a girl meeting someone, breaking her arm, and the next thing you know, her arm is suddenly not spoken about being broken anymore.. Its like, it never happened, but you know it did, cause its there in black and white. Ya. I will make sure that, that sort of thing does not happen.
  • I can brit pick (For things like Harry Potter).
  • Everything that I get, I ask it to be in some form of a doc, so that I can download it into my computer, and run computer generated programs on it. The programs will check for anything that I (I am human after all) might somehow miss. I will not only turn back your copy as you sent it to me, but right under it, I will have that same copy covered in red ink and blue ink. The red ink is me showing you your mistakes. The blue, is either me helping with co-writing (if asked) or asking questions like, "What the heck happened to the girl having a broken arm???" You will then get another copy, of where I fixed those mistakes. I will give an example.

Example: There were a bunch of gys there. I couldn't believe it. I wanted nothing more then to know were we were. This plaze was amzing!.

There were a bunch of guys there, I couldn't believe it! I wanted nothing more then to know where we were. This place is amazing!

• I will take stories that aren't canon, that do not have canon characters and/or have original characters thrown in.

What I Won't Do:

• I do make mistakes. I am human though I am one of very few Beta's that will use every program generated help that comes free online or that can be bought by disk (no matter the price) from a store. If I don't have it, I'd be overly amazed. If you want me to work with you, and ask for a co-writer, or someone to give imput on every last one of your chapters, then I expect you to give me imput on how you feel with me doing my job. If there is something you want more of, tell me. I am not on this planet just to make your life better. If you want your readers to have the best experience, and to make the best work, then the beta/editor needs to work with the author and visa versa.
  • I will NOT change your story. I don't care what you 'hirer' me as, it will not happen. I'm not the author. It is why I will give you back the copy you first gave me with my changes done under it so that you can see exactly what you did, and exactly what I did and why. You never have to go with anything that I tell you or advise you to do. This should never work that way.
  • The only stories I've ever had brought to me that I WILL NOT do is Lord of the Rings. I never got into the books, I don't know the movies by heart, and there are just words and things from that world you really need to know. This is the same with a lot of anime. If I've never seen the show, movie, anime or read the book. Then honestly, how do you expect me to give you anymore input other then, checking your spelling and grammer? If I don't understand the world your writing about, I will ask you every little detail and question that doesn't make sense to me and that literally just wastes both of our time. So don't bring me something I haven't put on the bottom of this list of things that I *can* do because I practically 'breathe' all forms of that certain topic (I.E. Harry Potter).

What I have done in the past:

Pairings and story Types:

Harry Potter:

• Romance
  • Angst
  • Hurt/Comfort
  • Slash
  • Dark Fic (Though very few of these I've been given)
  • Au
  • OOC (Every few of these I 'will' do)
  • Drama
  • Action/Adventure
  • I've only ever worked on Mature or Teen stories (pretty much 16 and up.)
  • SS/HG
  • HG/HP
  • SS/HP
  • AD/SS
  • DM/HG
  • HP/GW
  • DM/GW

Twilight:

• Romance
  • Angst
  • Hurt/Comfort
  • Au
  • OOC
  • Drama
  • Action/Adventure
  • AC/JH
  • EC/BS
  • JH/BS
  • (Any Original Characters)
  • (I have to say that in all honesty my favorite charactor here and that I know the best is Jasper Hale, but I will work with any pairings for him or anyone else).
  • EC/CC

Doctor Who:

• Romance
  • Angst
  • Hurt/Comfort
  • Slash
  • Au
  • Drama
  • Action/Adventure
  • 9/Rose
  • 10/Rose
  • 10 (Dup)/Rose
  • Rose/Jack
  • Jack/Rose/10
  • Jack/Rose/9
  • 9/Jack
  • 10/Jack
  • 9/Jack/Micky
  • Rose/Micky/9
  • Martha/10

InuYasha:

• Romance
  • Angst
  • Hurt/Comfort
  • Au
  • Drama
  • Action/Adventure
  • Kag/Inu
  • Sess/Inu

I will do just about any TV show. Its almost a gaunttee that I've seen it. And I've literally seen hundreds of movies. If you like anything you've heard, feel free to email me and in the heading write "Beta request" tell me what you're looking for and I will be blunt with you and tell you if I can help you with your project or not. I have also done MANY original fanfictions, and have also co-writed for a few of those as well. I do have references that I carry with me (authors names and websites you can find their works). I also have a Beta journal that I write in to allow all my authors to know how I am doing on their works. If you have a time frame, it would be nice to be told this. It normally takes me anywhere from 3-5 days to turn back a chapter depending on how long it is. If you need it back within a shorter amount of time, or what have you, I will need to know because i am a University student.

So, last but not least. If you do in the end, choose me to be your beta please understand that I will stop the moment I find out that the author I am working for isn't giving me credit. A lot of people don't realize, that when we are credited in their stories, we get more 'customers/clients' which is good for 'us'. That really does make this a two way street lol.

Julianna/Juliannanight

Email: julianna_nightingal_1@hotmail.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.