Click Here!

Review to correct a disclaimer that already is correct?

Tindog

Hi

Just received a review that said one element of my disclaimer was incorrect and I quote:

Please correct your disclaimer It does not contain one of the three required elements. Namely, the part in which you state you do not know the person or persons you are writing about. It can be worded however you, the author, likes, provided that it is clear you are saying you don't know the person or persons you are writing about.

Please note that saying you don't own the person or persons is incorrect; you must state that you don't know them.

yet my disclaimer reads (and has ALWAYS read)

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I do not know the celebrity I am writing about. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.

(with the relevant part emphasised in bold). I even double checked this against the guideline link I was given.

So I do not see the reason for this 'complaint' and I most definately do not want my story deleted for an incorrect disclaimer that is actually correct. :( So do I just ignore the so-called review and remove it?

I've edited it for even further clarity but not happy about having to and hoping this **** doesn't happen to others who are entering valid disclaimers as I can see it driving people to leave if it's happening on a regular basis. I'll assume this time it was someone being a little trigger happy :P

Edited by Tindog

Your disclaimer is NOT correct and it can still be hidden. What you say, from your own post was that your disclaimer stated:

This is a work of fiction. I do not know the celebrity I am writing about. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.

You must use the NAMES of the celebrities that you are writing about in ALL fiction concerning celebrities. No one has been 'trigger happy' as you put it, they are simply doing their job to prevent your story from being hidden.

For more information about celebrity disclaimers, you can look here:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...?showtopic=3560

Doesn't matter if its a band, a movie star, or a celebrity, you still need to insert names into your disclaimer in order for it to be marked as correct. Do not ignore the warn reviews. They are not there to scold you, simply to let you know that the disclaimer needs to be corrected.

Part of the ToS that you read and agreed to when you joined the site says that you will properly disclaim the stories. Our mods don't sit around warning people because its fun. Its not. We only warn people when there is something wrong. If people choose to leave the site because they don't want to follow the rules, that is up to them. It just means it will be easier to work with the authors/readers who do like to follow the rules.

Also, to clarify the hiding thing, when that is done, your story is still there, just not open for viewing until the correction has been made. Once the correction is made, it gets unhidden. One of us does check the hidden stuff regularly, so whether or not the user notifies us they have indeed complied, we still look and make the necessary adjustments and unhide upon finding the correction.

DELETION doesn't happen unless/until the user decides that they're just not going to comply for whatever reason, and generally speaking the story in question has been sitting there, hidden, for up to 3 months. Granted, the FAQ says 30 days, and then it's deleted; but if one looks at time available for the person processing the deletions (me), it's no surprise that I run very far behind on that part.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.