Click Here!

Seeking a patient female beta

Ajayrious

Hey, A little about me: I'm 24, Male from the UK. I'm new to the forum but have been writing off and on for years. This is the first time that I've looked for a Beta though.

I'm looking for a open minded and patient beta who is good at correcting grammar and punctuation and all that stuff, if you look at some of my earlier work on here you will see I need all the help I can get. I would prefer the beta to be female as most of my story is going to be written from a female point of view and id like it to be at least 1% realistic. Also I tend to get on better with girls than guys anyway.

About the fic, Its an original piece, although I'm sure there will be elements of it which are inspired by a number of things. Its pretty dark at the moment set in a New York City type place in a not too distant future world. I don't really have a plan for how it will turn out other than I want it to have a happy ending. It already has a little violence and some rough straight sex in it. I'm planning on there being some BDSM and Lesbian scenes in it too but im not sure when or how much, I enjoy making it up as i go along really.

I dont know what else i can say really. If you'd like me to post the first chapter of my story for you to look at first before you commit then ask and i shall send.

Edited by Ajayrious

• 2 weeks later...

Your work sounds interesting, and I seem to meet your qualifications of 'patient' and 'female'

Are you generally available for author discussion via the instant message program of your choice (AIM and MSN preferred) on at least some nights between 10pm and 7am Eastern Standard Time? I'm really trying to find folks who can talk in real time, and I keep hours which are nocturnal by the standards of most of the US. If this isn't you, thank you for your time and I'm sorry to have bothered you.

All of that said, what I'm looking for is an author-buddy. I find myself in a quandary whereby I want someone to discuss the mechanics of pacing and plot with as I write, but most of my current friends who are writers can't keep up with my new hours – essentially I'm looking to widen my circle of friends who write and read and critique. I've tried more formal writing groups, but I've been left cold with the cliquishness I've found thus far.

I'm more than willing to trade service for service in terms of reading and critiquing. I'm a 26-year-old college graduate, I've been writing on and off since I was 14, and I've had two short stories (both erotica) published.

My current project is a steampunk supernatural romance/erotica story; novel length. You can read about the universe it's set in here: http://moniquill.livejournal.com/302534.html if you're interested.

- Moniquill

AIM : Moniquill

E-mail / MSN : Dreadfulmoqui@hotmail.com

LJ : http://moniquill.livejournal.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.